L390 Amiot 143 The flying Chocolate Eclair ++Finished++

JOCKNEY

Hi Pat,

I would click to "like" but the site has been telling me I can't for the last 3 hours, and now it's just told me I can't edit something I only posted 10 minutes ago. Looks like it is about to overload, but no doubt it will sort itself out in due course -  in the meantime well done.

Pete

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Nice save! The final result looks great and well worth the trials you faced. I can see why the decals didn't want to play ball over all of those lovely Heller rivets, but you battled through and now have one smart looking Amiot.

It's French. It's fugly and it's the Heller GB poster girl. What's not to like?

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is a really nice job on it Pat, in spite of your misfortunes. 👍

It is very much a feature of the Smer kits that the Propagteam decals can be challenging, aka, bloody frustrating. They're very thin & conform well but hate handling & being manouvred into position & will curl up into a ball just out of spite it seems sometimes. A coat of liquid decal film or two is a good idea & cutting bigger decals into more manageable pieces can also help. :)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2020 at 1:18 AM, JOCKNEY said:

At first glance it's not too bad, although I can hear Jean Roger saying the blues too dark ! 

Pat, the blue is too dark!

I strive never to disappoint.

Re the decals' breakages, remember that the French paints used in those days were often of very average quality. Take for example the LeO 451: the paint was peeling away a few square meters at a time! That's where your blue and red paints came from!

Next time, you should try to varnish your model in gloss before and after the decals. It should make a huge difference.I really enjoyed your build and love the result! 

So proud to be French when I see an Amiot 143...

Congrats

JR

• Thanks 1

A wonderful result, Pat! This should be an eye-catcher on the shelf - for one because it's such a fine build, and secondly because it's such a strange aircraft. And you made it before the chocolate started melting...!

Cheers, Michael

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I believe the Amiot was being suggested as the poster girl of the this GB at one point !

I believe that was my fault, and yes, the Amiot is the GB poster girl in my book. Better get your photos blown up sharpish as Athena need a replacement for the poster of the Tennis girl scratching her backside.

• Haha 1

Congratulations Pat for bringing this big beast home and in such lovely fashion. She’s turned out lovely and you have wrestled her into a deserving and well finished model. Now your smaller craft have some cabinet shade to hide under when harsh Scottish sunlight arrives. 

Cheers and well played.. Dave 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies, having started builds all over the place I completely forgot to put the eclair in the gallery :banghead:

Shes in there now, on page 3, which just goes to show what a successful GB this has been.

Thanks again for the the support along the way, back to those unfinished builds !

Cheers Pat