Arrows F1 cars in 1/43.

Kitkent

I have never done a WIP before so here goes nothing! I seem to have gathered more than one early Arrows F1 car kits,the first one pictured is a second hand built model which was and still is in a sorry state. The body has already been resprayed ,as it was in the recommended colour VW Hellas gold,now impossible to find and I decided its too dark anyway for a 1/43 model. Finally settled on Tamiya Gold aerosol after trying 3 other different shades..I then used Mr Hobby clear and have started to redo the decals with a sheet of Tameo decals for this car purchased from Grand Prix Models. It needs repairing at the rear end and I need to find two tyres. Tameo make this car now ,but I've had this model a few years now,it was made by Aone,I also have a virgin kit of this car which I will make as the very first Arrows car in white,sponsored by Varig,an airline. More pictures to follow tomorrow hopefully,Chris.spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

I have a soft spot for the Arrows team,they managed a couple of 2nd.places,but never actually won a Grand Prix. Damon Hill was the nearest I believe in 1997,but the car stuttered on the last lap of the Hungarian Grand Prix.

spacer.png

ive managed to complete the decals for the body apart from the fiddly bit of black round its nose.Am also starting on the same car but in white,pictures below I hope of all the parts,there are a lot! 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Think that's enough for now! Chris.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngl have definitely made a cock up with this thread! The previous photos have disappeared as I deleted them from village photos,i didn't realise that would happen,so Ive now learnt my lesson there! I have made a bit of progress,and now I'm adding a 3rd.Arrows kit made by Marsh Models normally known for making sportscars. It's a 1980 Arrows A3,Another car sprayed with a Tamiya gold spray can.So that's 2 Warsteiner sponsored cars and a white Varig airlines car.i might add another one next week...Anyway more pictures below,that's enough chat from me. Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Kitkent said:

l have definitely made a cock up with this thread! The previous photos have disappeared as I deleted them from village photos,i didn't realise that would happen,so Ive now learnt my lesson there!

Looking nice.

you can easily undo this by uploading the pics again using the same name in the same location.

Alternatively, if you now use another server, just upload them there and replace the spacers with the newly uploaded pictures.

• Like 1

Hi Chris - body work looking good!  The #35 body is sure curvy -  quite a distinctive look.  You're certainly on a roll tackling more than one project at a time.  I haven't built a 1/43 kit before so am interested in seeing how the etch suspension works out.  Glad your photo uploading headaches are behind you (ask me how I know about that! haha)

Looking forward to your next update -

Nick

• Like 1

Hi Poul and Nick,l won't make the picture mistake again! I have a mountain of kits and it never occurred to me to make some models as a group build that can be sprayed in all the same colour...I spray in the garden so am hoping to get a few done before the really bad weather.ive started another one,a resin Arrows A2 from 1979 and the same car in 1/24 resin- hoping to spray both of those kits very soon if possible another 2 gold Warsteiner sponsored cars.The photo etch suspension is ok,I think it makes for a better more solid setup. Thanks for looking,Chris.

• 1 month later...

An extremely small update for a quite small couple of 1/43 kits. The first one is now in the completed section,so I can now finish off the Arrows A3 of 1980. Picture below of the photo etch for the tub inside and the suspension. Tried out the tub part last week (the etch floor) and couldn't quite figure it out,so trying again now....Chris.

spacer.png