Nice tribute and great model :) 

For the sake of accuracy, can I respectfully point out that JJ Hyde was indeed a Flt Sgt (as the stripes indicate) and not a F/O as suggested.  I'm not aware he was commissioned and his headstsone still ranks him as Flt Sgt.  I hope this is not seen as nitpicking...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werdna said:

Nice tribute and great model :) 

For the sake of accuracy, can I respectfully point out that JJ Hyde was indeed a Flt Sgt (as the stripes indicate) and not a F/O as suggested.  I'm not aware he was commissioned and his headstsone still ranks him as Flt Sgt.  I hope this is not seen as nitpicking...

I was wandering about that ? I wasn't sure because the photo shows one thing. Then the description lists warrant officer, my lack of knowledge regarding RAF Ranks led to my choosing the designation. I will change the description.

Dennis

19 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Love that first colour photo of James with his dog, & that Spitfire model is superb tribute.

Martin

Yes, it's an excellent portrait. Its a colourised shot - the original was taken in black & white. There's also some good movie footage of F/Sgt Hyde taken at the same time. 

Excellent model too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent build and a great tribute to this pilot.

All too often we in Britain forget that so many of those who served under the British flag, volunteered to join the fray, with many paying the ultimate price.

As you say. Respect.

• Thanks 1