Sopwith Pup "Gnome"

22 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Superb Species of Modelart, i think for a modeller with your skills it really doesn't matter on what subject you lay your hands on....

Definitely have to agree. The end result is breathtaking. And to think that's a model outside your comfort zone! I'm in awe!

• Thanks 1

Well it might be out of your comfort zone but the result is quite stunning! Lovely build quality and superb weathering/fading. Absolutely beautiful! Superb photography too I might add.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the comments everyone

10 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

There should be a medal for your bravery in painting that scheme, I would never dare to do something like that.

Actually, it wasn't that difficult, just time consuming. It was all straight lines, so just a case of adjusting the tape until it looked about right. The wings were easy since the stripes were 10mm wide and I was using 10mm Tamiya tape.

7 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Just amazing Andy.  How easy are the vallejo colours to manipulate to recreate stains lie that, do you need to add the glaze for it to work?

Cheers Bruce. Yes, I added glaze medium and the paint is very easy to work with after that. Very similar to using oils, but the paint dries faster so it can be over-coated sooner, and it's less delicate once dry.

Andy:cat:

• Like 1

Extraordinary. I always wonder how top modellers get the parts glued together without 'accidents' after painting such a delicate scheme. Very very good!

• Thanks 1

Wow! Honestly, that first photo made the hairs on my arm stand up. I've never had a reaction to seeing a model like that before! I'm at a loss to tell you how good that looks to me, 'superb' doesn't seem to cover it. Thanks for sharing your build with us and for building a kit that many other people would be tempted to cash in.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

Andy,

I'm seriously impressed - I would ever have guessed you have never built a biplane before - an outstanding result on your model Sopwith Pup.

I've got this very kit myself in my stash so will be pleased if can achieve a result even close to yours ..........

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1