1/32 - LET L-13 "Blaník" by Infinity Models - box art+3D renders - release in 2023

Homebee

• 1 month later...

I have Blaniks in many scales from 1/72 to 1/5, and this will be another must-have for me.

I love the L-13. Best handling glider I ever flew. Not the highest performer by any means but the sweetest-handling and the most fun two-seater. When I was a kid it felt like strapping on a little jet fighter after the T-21b and Cadet Mk III, and especially the day I found a standing wave in one and climbed up through ribs of cloud into the brightest sunshine and a fluffly playground.

Comfort, superb field of view from either seat, and all the play value. Retractable undercarriage, Fowler flaps for scratching with the K-8s on the ridge, huuuuge airbrakes that would speed-limit to Vne in a vertical dive, and for the time unrivalled aerobatic capability in a two-seat glider. Such handsome and useful machines. And later I found there really was a natural progression in layout and feel from Blanik to Yak-52 to L-29, like learning to walk then run.  This is where I learned the Blanik, and this is one of the pair I used to fly. Happy, happy days.

imgexec-6020.jpg

It was a sad day when they started to fatigue out from winch launching and pretty rapidly disappeared from the UK club scene. A few live on though. Here's the slightly shorter-span AC version showing what it can do... pretty impressive for a 1950s design

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

I have Blaniks in many scales from 1/72 to 1/5, and this will be another must-have for me.

I love the L-13. Best handling glider I ever flew. Not the highest performer by any means but the sweetest-handling and the most fun two-seater. When I was a kid it felt like strapping on a little jet fighter after the T-21b and Cadet Mk III, and especially the day I found a standing wave in one and climbed up through ribs of cloud into the brightest sunshine and a fluffly playground.

Comfort, superb field of view from either seat, and all the play value. Retractable undercarriage, Fowler flaps for scratching with the K-8s on the ridge, huuuuge airbrakes that would speed-limit to Vne in a vertical dive, and for the time unrivalled aerobatic capability in a two-seat glider. Such handsome and useful machines. And later I found there really was a natural progression in layout and feel from Blanik to Yak-52 to L-29, like learning to walk then run.  This is where I learned the Blanik, and this is one of the pair I used to fly. Happy, happy days.

imgexec-6020.jpg

It was a sad day when they started to fatigue out from winch launching and pretty rapidly disappeared from the UK club scene. A few live on though. Here's the slightly shorter-span AC version showing what it can do... pretty impressive for a 1950s design

Although I had an L23 for a short while I still prefered the L13.  Great machine.  Spent many an hour over Sutton Bank too.

Chris.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - LET L-13 "Blaník" by Infinity Models - box art+3D renders - release in 2023