Aichi M6A1 Seiran.

Ron Pearcy

I'm currently building the Tamiya 1/48 Aichi M6A1 Seiran and I'm intending to build it on the 'Dolly' trailer.

I would like to add a tow vehicle to the set up but all I can find in 1/48 is a Komatsu G.40 bulldozer,also Tamiya. Would this be accurate?

If not,anyone with a suggestion.

Thanks in advance. 

13 hours ago, Ron Pearcy said:

I'm currently building the Tamiya 1/48 Aichi M6A1 Seiran and I'm intending to build it on the 'Dolly' trailer.

I would like to add a tow vehicle to the set up but all I can find in 1/48 is a Komatsu G.40 bulldozer,also Tamiya. Would this be accurate?

If not,anyone with a suggestion.

There's always the possibility it could have happened.

The IJN used the Komatsu G.40 bulldozer in the Pacific, to build Island

runways/ aircraft taxiways etc. so why not tow aircraft, the weight would be there,

as well as a slower speed needed for ground handling.

The Allied forces in the Pacific used tractors like the M2  Tractors (M2 Cletrac)

to tow Sea Plane aircraft around bases, or during beaching/refloating.

M2 High Speed Tractor (Cletrac)

Regards

Alan

The Komatsu G40 is indeed a good choice for a tow vehicle (less the blade with hydraulics). Here are a few original pictures and a model from fellow-modeller Dan Salamone.

50381971657_5f22cf1891_o.jpg     50381971672_2c6998a976_o.jpg     50381793281_3daf8fe42b_n.jpg

http://www.aviationofjapan.com/2020/06/some-more-japanese-aviation-vehicle-and.html

• Like 3

The Japanese were most likely to do what every other conquering nation does and impress captured equipment into service ? This opens possibilities up of British and French in southeast Asia. Also U.S. equipment from the Philippines and Wake Island. So depending on where your aircraft was stationed it might give you Ideas. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...