Jump to content

Citroën Fourgon Type H -1/24 Heller


Recommended Posts

Hello fellows,

 

Let me show my WIP - The Citroën Fourgon Type H 1/24 from Heller.

I was hooked with this model, after seeing the awesome work made by MBdesignart in Britmodeller, and his choice as a Guiness Van.

So, I decided to make the same subjet...I grab the model in a store in Barcelona (24 Euros), and ordered the decals to Motobitz. In few days the decals arrived at home...

Let's start with some pics.

 

Your comments will be appreciate!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Josep
More pics
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job so far, the engine especially. I helped my wife build one in the lockdown (she was getting bored, very bored 😉). An iconic vehicle, some fitment issues with front and roof which are all described by @mbdesignart in his build. I would also suggest doing something about the attachment of the wheels. It's a "push on" system which should allow the wheels to turn but once you have the wheels on it's all very wobbly. I noticed it, tried to take them off again and broke all kinds of front suspension parts. Not the best "builder" kit but the end result is nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb! I built one of these about 2 years ago, very nice!

photo-th.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2020 at 14:01, JeroenS said:

Nice job so far, the engine especially. I helped my wife build one in the lockdown (she was getting bored, very bored 😉). An iconic vehicle, some fitment issues with front and roof which are all described by @mbdesignart in his build. I would also suggest doing something about the attachment of the wheels. It's a "push on" system which should allow the wheels to turn but once you have the wheels on it's all very wobbly. I noticed it, tried to take them off again and broke all kinds of front suspension parts. Not the best "builder" kit but the end result is nice. 

Hello JeroenS,

 

Thanks for your comment about wheels...Actually, I'm thinking of not gluing the front transmission parts,  in order to be wheels steereable.

And also, I've done a fitting test, and there is a big gap in the front roof:

spacer.png

 

On 24/09/2020 at 09:18, Josep said:

Hello fellows,

 

Let me show my WIP - The Citroën Fourgon Type H 1/24 from Heller.

I was hooked with this model, after seeing the awesome work made by MBdesignart in Britmodeller, and his choice as a Guiness Van.

So, I decided to make the same subjet...I grab the model in a store in Barcelona (24 Euros), and ordered the decals to Motobitz. In few days the decals arrived at home...

Let's start with some pics.

 

Your comments will be appreciate!

spacer.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys!

Today I've started preparing some parts for weathering (...chipping effects). 

The first layer is Tamita XF-9 Hull red, suitable for rust effects:

 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

An also, some weathering with tyres:

 

spacer.png

 

 

And also with the inner parts of panels:

 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, PatW said:

Superb! I built one of these about 2 years ago, very nice!

photo-th.jpg

 Thanks PatW,

 

Your Citroën looks great, and also the diorama.

How did you achieve the Michelin logo?

BTW: my model comes without "le Marché" decals, only the license plate...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Le Marche decals were in the kit, just one long one for each side plus the number plates. The Michelin tyre decals are from an internet model distributor who also does various race car decals and tyre decals in 1/43-1/24/& 1/12th scales. Your store where you bought the van may sell them as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice kit & coming on well. If you enjoy it, the Ebbro Type H Mobile Kitchen (now Crepe Van) is a fun project. On the subject of wheels am I the only one who thinks movable wheels & steering are a waste of time & effort on a static model.Mine sit in a display cabinet & are rarely moved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Old John said:

Nice kit & coming on well. If you enjoy it, the Ebbro Type H Mobile Kitchen (now Crepe Van) is a fun project. On the subject of wheels am I the only one who thinks movable wheels & steering are a waste of time & effort on a static model.Mine sit in a display cabinet & are rarely moved.

Nope, you're not the only one. I glue everything in place, steering wheels at an angle when steering is possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Old John said:

Nice kit & coming on well. If you enjoy it, the Ebbro Type H Mobile Kitchen (now Crepe Van) is a fun project. On the subject of wheels am I the only one who thinks movable wheels & steering are a waste of time & effort on a static model.Mine sit in a display cabinet & are rarely moved.

Steerable wheels are nice to have, so that the wheels can be posed in a direction that suits how I display the model (which may change when I reorganise the display cabinet).  But if the steering and suspension is visible I'd rather have fixed wheels and accurate suspension than steerable wheels and inaccurate suspension.

 

Part of me is stuck with the mindset that wheels should rotate, because that's what wheels do.  In practice, most kit wheels are so tight that they might as well be fixed and it doesn't bother me if wheels have to be glued into position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi thanks for comments re wheels. Glad I am not the only one. Josep will continue watching your build with interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good beginnings!

Hope to see this completed, it's a very good looking design (I like oddities).

Mucha suerte con el armado!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys!

 

Here some news pics. 

First of all, I've managed to solve the gap in the roof (sliding door). That was a great problem...

 

spacer.png

 

After, I've installed the seats, pedals and leavers.

 

spacer.png

 

Also, putting exhaust and engine in place:

 

spacer.png

 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

The dashboard was finished and weathered during the week. I used the Motobitz decals for the speedmeter and gearbox: so far better that provides by Heller. 
As well happens with the engine, after finished the model, the dashboard won't be  pretty visible...😉

 

spacer.png

 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Now, the fourgon is almost ready for the next step: painting....

That will be next day.

 

spacer.png

Thanks for watching!!

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...