Citroën Fourgon Type H -1/24 Heller

Josep

Hello fellows,

Let me show my WIP - The Citroën Fourgon Type H 1/24 from Heller.

I was hooked with this model, after seeing the awesome work made by MBdesignart in Britmodeller, and his choice as a Guiness Van.

So, I decided to make the same subjet...I grab the model in a store in Barcelona (24 Euros), and ordered the decals to Motobitz. In few days the decals arrived at home...

Let's start with some pics.

Your comments will be appreciate!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Josep
More pics
  • Like 7

Nice job so far, the engine especially. I helped my wife build one in the lockdown (she was getting bored, very bored 😉). An iconic vehicle, some fitment issues with front and roof which are all described by @mbdesignart in his build. I would also suggest doing something about the attachment of the wheels. It's a "push on" system which should allow the wheels to turn but once you have the wheels on it's all very wobbly. I noticed it, tried to take them off again and broke all kinds of front suspension parts. Not the best "builder" kit but the end result is nice. 

On 24/09/2020 at 14:01, JeroenS said:

Nice job so far, the engine especially. I helped my wife build one in the lockdown (she was getting bored, very bored 😉). An iconic vehicle, some fitment issues with front and roof which are all described by @mbdesignart in his build. I would also suggest doing something about the attachment of the wheels. It's a "push on" system which should allow the wheels to turn but once you have the wheels on it's all very wobbly. I noticed it, tried to take them off again and broke all kinds of front suspension parts. Not the best "builder" kit but the end result is nice. 

Hello JeroenS,

Thanks for your comment about wheels...Actually, I'm thinking of not gluing the front transmission parts,  in order to be wheels steereable.

And also, I've done a fitting test, and there is a big gap in the front roof:

spacer.png

On 24/09/2020 at 09:18, Josep said:

Hello fellows,

Let me show my WIP - The Citroën Fourgon Type H 1/24 from Heller.

I was hooked with this model, after seeing the awesome work made by MBdesignart in Britmodeller, and his choice as a Guiness Van.

So, I decided to make the same subjet...I grab the model in a store in Barcelona (24 Euros), and ordered the decals to Motobitz. In few days the decals arrived at home...

Let's start with some pics.

Your comments will be appreciate!

spacer.png

An also, some weathering with tyres:

spacer.png

And also with the inner parts of panels:

spacer.png

15 hours ago, PatW said:

Superb! I built one of these about 2 years ago, very nice!

photo-th.jpg

Thanks PatW,

Your Citroën looks great, and also the diorama.

How did you achieve the Michelin logo?

BTW: my model comes without "le Marché" decals, only the license plate...

• Like 3

The Le Marche decals were in the kit, just one long one for each side plus the number plates. The Michelin tyre decals are from an internet model distributor who also does various race car decals and tyre decals in 1/43-1/24/& 1/12th scales. Your store where you bought the van may sell them as well. 

Nice kit & coming on well. If you enjoy it, the Ebbro Type H Mobile Kitchen (now Crepe Van) is a fun project. On the subject of wheels am I the only one who thinks movable wheels & steering are a waste of time & effort on a static model.Mine sit in a display cabinet & are rarely moved.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Old John said:

Nice kit & coming on well. If you enjoy it, the Ebbro Type H Mobile Kitchen (now Crepe Van) is a fun project. On the subject of wheels am I the only one who thinks movable wheels & steering are a waste of time & effort on a static model.Mine sit in a display cabinet & are rarely moved.

Nope, you're not the only one. I glue everything in place, steering wheels at an angle when steering is possible. 

5 hours ago, Old John said:

Steerable wheels are nice to have, so that the wheels can be posed in a direction that suits how I display the model (which may change when I reorganise the display cabinet).  But if the steering and suspension is visible I'd rather have fixed wheels and accurate suspension than steerable wheels and inaccurate suspension.

Part of me is stuck with the mindset that wheels should rotate, because that's what wheels do.  In practice, most kit wheels are so tight that they might as well be fixed and it doesn't bother me if wheels have to be glued into position.

Hello guys!

Here some news pics. 

First of all, I've managed to solve the gap in the roof (sliding door). That was a great problem...

spacer.png

After, I've installed the seats, pedals and leavers.

spacer.png

Also, putting exhaust and engine in place:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The dashboard was finished and weathered during the week. I used the Motobitz decals for the speedmeter and gearbox: so far better that provides by Heller. 
As well happens with the engine, after finished the model, the dashboard won't be  pretty visible...😉

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now, the fourgon is almost ready for the next step: painting....

That will be next day.

spacer.png

Thanks for watching!!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Let me show you some more pics:

(First of all, this is the subject I'm trying to reproduce):

spacer.png

Before airbrushing, I applied a lay of MIG chipping effect with brush. Then, I started to achieve the colour cream of the van, mixing Tamiya colours.

And this are the Tamiya colours I've mixed, in order to get the "cream" colour: XF2, XF-3, XF-7 (only few drops) and XF-57.

spacer.png

And this is the result:

spacer.png

I think the colour it's a little bit intense in yellow, but later I'll down.

spacer.png

And this are the chipping effects:

spacer.png

IMG_20201017_193052.jpg?width=1920&heigh

Now, the black layer has been applied:

spacer.png

IMG_20201026_194931.jpg?width=1920&heigh

spacer.png

And that,'s all, for the moment!!

Thanks for following!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

Here some more pics. I've put a little bit of detail around the radiator.

spacer.png

The cream color has been dull down (I think now it's better), and after I started with the decals...

spacer.png

The decals are excellent! My congratulations to Motobitz.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now, I'm masking the cover for painting the Citroën logo. My idea is that the cover could be removable, in order to see the radiator and huses... But I need to think an easy way.

spacer.png

That's all for the moment.

Thanks for watching, and see you soon!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

This weekend, I finished the Citroën Type H "Guiness" van.

Basically, I put the lights, doors in place, handles, rear-view mirrors....little things.

spacer.png

But, at the same time, two important decisions were made:

a) Leave the driver's door open. And also the door in the upper half in the rear.

b) Leave the spare wheel visible. This gives the van a very different ...(maybe oddy?) look, which i liked.

I hope you like, too!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally, I left the engine cover accessible.
I didn't glue it, and it rests on the bumper (which is a little behind its original position)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

BTW: the wheeels are (only) a bit steerable...

And that`s all...!

Thanks for followig the project, and I´ll put some more pics in ready for inspection.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...