Opps! SU-35 shoots down Su-30

Julien

Many years ago in either 1978 or 1979 I attended an airshow at the Oakey Army Aviation Base, we were being entertained by various aircraft doing aerial displays and one of those aircraft a Pilatus Turbo-Porter that had been borrowed by someone who had too much to drink as we were told over the loudspeakers. The pilot was doing touch and goes showing how the aircraft could do extremely short takeoffs and landings until the aircraft came in really fast and hit the ground when the fixed undercarriage decided it would retract for a change and it stopped dead in its tracks in a cloud of dust not more than 150 feet from the audience. Wish I took my camera that day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 1:19 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

A gun kill? in today's super whizz-bang techno world? Who'd a thunk it?

Someone thinks that dog fight should be thrown into the garbage?

This incident says - "no", because according to the published data ... the ammunition consumption of the Su-35 in this incident amounted to 5 (Five!) shells!

On 9/26/2020 at 4:17 AM, stevehnz said:

So, can the Su-35 now wear a red star under the cockpit? :unsure: :D

Steve.

I don't think so, Steve.  Now one can only sympathize with the pilot, there is a wide range of articles according to the current legislation.  I don’t remember exactly, maybe I’m mistaken, but in some of the wheel bay there was a switch for firing a "training-combat" cannon, which the technician had to switch, and the pilot had to check the position before landing in the cockpit.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, junglierating said:

Like its not like the junior service didnt shoot down a jaguar 🤔

Or the Royal Navy never hit Wales with a SeaSlug!

Dave

• Haha 3