Revell F-84E Thunderjet

Tato

Hello guys!

First, a little introduction. I joined britmodeller a couple of years ago but I haven't been a very active member. I hope to change that as soon as possible!

Second, this is the first time I show some of my work anywhere! I'm kind of a lone wolf as far as models are concerned, so, I'm a little nervous! :unsure: There's lots of very talented people here!

Well, the model is the very nice and beautiful Revell F-84E Thunderjet in 1/48 scale. Construction was very straightforward with minimal use of putty. The only problems I found were bad fit around the nose and tail, but nothing serious. Also, the model gets a little fiddly when installing all the remaining parts such us landing years, fuel tanks, and navigation lights.

It was painted with AK Xtreme Metal colors (Aluminium, Dark Aluminium and Polished Aluminium for the nose). Also, a Quickboost seat was used to replace the kit one. Decals were a mix between Cutting Edge, Expert Choice, Aeromasters and the kit. The model represents the personal mount of Colonel Robert L. Scott while he was in Germany in 1952. This is the early scheme with the frameless canopy and no Comand Stripes in the back of the plane. Weathering was kept to minimum as photos of that era shows a very clean aircraft.

To sum up, a very fun and relaxing build. Hope you like it!

PS: Sorry for the photos. I used my cellphone.

spacer.png   

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for watching!

Tato

• Like 49

Tato, that is a beautiful Thunderjet!   Fantastic work on the NMF and I love those blue tip tanks.   Great work all around! :clap2: I would love to see more pics as well. 

This kit was the last one I've finished.  And I agree with all of your assessment of it too.  👍

My take on the Revell kit is here if you're interested:

Korean War bomb truck

On 23/09/2020 at 20:40, SAT69 said:

Beautiful! Really like the multiple shades of metal finish and the overall finish is so clean! Superb work!

Thank you very much SAT69! Glad you like it!

On 23/09/2020 at 20:48, Gary Brantley said:

Tato, that is a beautiful Thunderjet!   Fantastic work on the NMF and I love those blue tip tanks.   Great work all around! :clap2: I would love to see more pics as well. 

This kit was the last one I've finished.  And I agree with all of your assessment of it too.  👍

My take on the Revell kit is here if you're interested:

Korean War bomb truck

Hi Gary, 

Thank you for your very kind words. I remember perfectly the day you published your F-84! Your build is beautiful! In fact, it gave me some motivation to start another F-84, a Korean War version this time!

Unfortunately, I don't have more photos of my F-84. My display case is in my parents house. I got married last year and now I live with my wife in a small apartment with only a small table for modeling. I do have some photos taken during the build, if you are interested.

On 23/09/2020 at 21:40, billn53 said:

Very, very nice! 
Show us more of your work, please. 

Thank you billn53 for your kind words. I will post some photos of my other works!

On 23/09/2020 at 23:17, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Why ... Thats a great looking Thunderjet sir. :thumbsup:

Thank you CorsairFoxFouruncle! Probably because there is a lot, and I mean, a lot of talent here! But, that's a good thing!

22 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Very nicely done, hope to see more from you!

Thank you ForestFan. Very kind of you.

21 hours ago, Erik Leijdens said:

Looking absolutely fantastic, great work.

Erik

Thank you Erik for your kind words!

19 hours ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Excellent work! Brilliant metal finish. Good that you decided to share. Show us more. :)

Best, 

Nikola

Hi Nikola,

Thank you! I sure will be sharing some more of my work in the future! ^_^

15 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Beautiful finish , lovely looking Thunderjet !

Wulfman

Thank you Wulfman!

10 hours ago, exdraken said:

Really nice!

Did one one Yugoslave metal scheme once :)

Thank you exdraken! Yeap, that's one I have in mind too! A very lovely scheme. I have at least four or five more in mind. :D

7 hours ago, chris148 said:

Very nice indeed,great finish

Thank you Chris! Glad you like it.

6 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

That's a cracking model Tato. Your choice of scheme with that blue trim really suits the aircraft. Excellent job:like:.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you very much! I agree, that blue trim with the blue fuel tanks it really suits the aircraft and add a lot of color for an awesome scheme!

5 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Tato,

a lovely Thunderjet :goodjob: Great NMF and I like your choice of markings, really colourful as an early US jet should be.

Cheers

Markus

Thank you Markus. Your are too kind!

4 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Really nice work with your NMF!

Lovely colourful jet, really like this era for American jet fighters.

Martin

Hi Martin, 

Thank you!! I 100% agree with you. That era is one of the most interesting and colorful for US figthers! I just love them!

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

That is a very impressive looking Thunderjet! Really nice smooth looking NMF.

Cheers

Malcolm

Thank you very much Malcolm! Glad you like it!

Regards,

Tato

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Great model of a F-84E. Your paint work is simply superb. Well done.

Thank you Harry. Glad you like it!

17 hours ago, opus999 said:

Beautiful NMF!  That can be very difficult to achieve.  Nice job!

Thank you opus999. I struggle a little bit, but it turn out ok in the end.

9 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Tato, thanks for your kind words! 🥂  Yes, I would love to see some of your build photos and I suspect that I speak for many others too.   Why not give us all a look at a little more, even if they are "in-progress" pics!?!  😀

Hello Gary,

Here are more photos of the build. Hope you like it!

spacer.png

spacer.png

And with a younger friend

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

:cheers:

• Like 4

On 26/09/2020 at 07:20, hurricane39 said:

Very impressive debut.  Finish looks great.  Perfect example of a cold war bird.

Thank you hurricane39 for your kind words!

On 26/09/2020 at 11:37, Orion said:

Hello Tato,

Very impressive start. Clean and crisp. As it was at that time.

Regards, orion - The Netherlands.

Hi Orion,

Thank you very much! Glad you like it!

Regards,

Tato