First Impression: 1/6 Scale Space Jockey Resin Kit from Beninside Studio

Reelyator

Hi Guys,

just wanted to share my latest purchase with you shortly (...and also to test if picture hosters without registration really work). This is The SPACE JOCKEY from the Movie PROMETHEUS.

spacer.png

Manufacturer: Beninside Studio

Scale: 1/6 (~40 cm high)

to be continued.....

• Like 2

Here i have some more detailed pictures of the individual parts. I agree with you Crayons, the feet are probably the weakest parts of the model. Looks a bit like the 80´s Nike´s with velcro fly strip...

legs.jpg

The arms look better

arms.jpg

Edited by Reelyator
typo

Head, arms and torso have some nice structure and details to work out during the painting process. The egg and the "shopping bag" look nice as well but all parts obviously need some INTENSIVE cleaning before assebly and painting. But this is nothing unusual for resin kits.

head.jpg

alien-egg.jpg

egg.jpg

bag.jpg

Finally assebled the Space Jockey is a bit more then 40 cm high

final.jpg

...at 1/6 scale...? That fellow must have been 2,40 m high....i need to rewatch the movie!

Summing up:

The overall quality of the Kit is perfectly ok. In some areas like the legs and the feet the detail level has room for improvement. Seams will need putty and sanding, some areas like the connecting points of the "shopping bag" might need some resculpting. And the base is pretty basic. But you need to keep in mind that this is NOT a high tech production from one of the global players. This is more a garage kit from a passionate sculptor. Under that aspect i am perfectly fine with supporting the artist by purchasing his figure.

And one more thing: This Kit is a UNIQUE item, you will not find it somewere else (unless one on the Re-Casters pick it up). I am not aware about any other company offering a similar figure. The Halcyon Space Jockey must be mentioned but this is a completely different figurte from a completely different movie.

• Like 1