Starfix Spit in 1/72/48/56th ish!

Set as a build challenge on ARRSE to see if I could bang out something decent for a tenner, this beauty was won on eBay for under a tenner.  Being a bit OCD, it had to be done so I did my best to make something of this kit and turned out something that is semi respectable given its scale challenges.  Anyway - here it is

Starfix Spit

and in open air!

Starfix Spit

Starfix Spit

Starfix Spit

Starfix Spit

Starfix Spit

Starfix Spit

Starfix Spit

The canopy is done now as per the first snap, and yep - the roundels are a bit big, but what the hell.  I had fun doing it and that's what its all about

• Like 29

5 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

That must be the most effort ever invested in a Starfix kit, I'll have the Guinness people come round to confirm.  🙂

I ended up spending a disproportionate amount of time on it.  The OCD is strong in this one....

You certainly did your best to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but there's only so much that a mere mortal can do without the application of arcane magic and some promisory notes against one's soul.  Mind you don't catch yourself on those rivets! :clap2:

So that's the legendary Starfix Spitfire. Show's what I know about Spitfires as I don't think it looks bad at all :). Great to see someone just building whatever they have just for fun and hang the rivet counters. Sometimes I really wish we could all treat the hobby as we all did back in pocket money days so well done for showing us how to just relax and enjoy our great hobby.

Duncan B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

So that's the legendary Starfix Spitfire. Show's what I know about Spitfires as I don't think it looks bad at all :). Great to see someone just building whatever they have just for fun and hang the rivet counters. Sometimes I really wish we could all treat the hobby as we all did back in pocket money days so well done for showing us how to just relax and enjoy our great hobby.

Duncan B

Two of the more humorous snaps from the build thread

Starfix Spit

Starfix SeaSpit

Starfix Spit

and in the company of its namesake

• Like 1

You made that look quite nice!  I'm a member of the Starfix-survival club having built their Spitfire Mk. XIV (well, that's not really what they called it, but that's what it became!).  As with yours the scale on mine varied between something like 1/46 to 1/57 depending on where you measured.

nicely done!

• Like 1