1/72 F-100F Super Sabre Misty

Plumbum

I will be starting an Italeri 1/72 F-100F as a MISTY FAC next week. I know I need to add to the drop tanks to

make them 335 gallons but I don't know where to get a LAU-59 seven shot rocket pod. I have Hasegawa's

rocket pods and launchers but it does not have a 7 shot pod. Is there an after market one elsewhere? Also I

seem to remember the cockpit having issues, seats to low maybe? Also how do you drop the slats, it seems I saw

one that was dropped a little but not fully, couldn't see mechanism as it was only dropped a bit. Thanks for

any help or ideas.---John

I recently used the pods from a SH AH-1Q. I think they are the poss you mean? Check my Super Mystere.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235076064-latin-storm-approaching-–-special-hobby-super-mystere-b2-j57-engine-–-‘fah2002’-fuerza-aerea-hondurena-172/

Martin 

14 hours ago, Johnv said:

Thanks Murph, they look smaller in diameter to my eye so probably Mk 81 250 lb bombs?---John

That's what I'm seeing. Shape and details of the Mk 81 and Mk 82 are visually similar but you can judge the size of the inner pylon weapons as Mk 82s by the TER mounting. Outer "single" is thus a Mk 81.

22 hours ago, Johnv said:

Thanks Murph, they look smaller in diameter to my eye so probably Mk 81 250 lb bombs?---John

John,

That's what I'm thinking, but I was under the impression that the USAF did not use the Mk-81 very much.

Regards,

Murph

Curious, could that MER hold 3 Mk 82s? I heard a guy who loaded F-100s in Vietnam say he use to load

8 Mk 82s. Would that have been possible to have 3 on each MER, 6 total, and one on each outer pylon,

that's 2 more making the total of 8 Mk 82s? I know that the Hun can carry more weight just wondering

about the amount that MER could hold.---John

1 hour ago, Murph said:

John,

That's what I'm thinking, but I was under the impression that the USAF did not use the Mk-81 very much.

Regards,

Murph

The Mk 81 was (in USAF experience) pretty well useless. About 100 lbs NEW, and they disappeared from USAF use immediately after Vietnam (and possibly before).

On 9/25/2020 at 9:52 PM, Slater said:

The Mk 81 was (in USAF experience) pretty well useless. About 100 lbs NEW, and they disappeared from USAF use immediately after Vietnam (and possibly before).

Of course the circle has come around with the use of weapons with ever smaller warheads due to the emphasis on CAS and collateral damage worries for almost the last 20 years.

Regards,

Murph