Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut, Zvezda 1:72

djos

Hi all
The model that I barely decided to make, I was not attracted by the parts, details and whole model looks somehow like a toy in this black color ..... but I like the exotic shape of the plane ... well .....
Nothing spectacular, I wanted to do it as a pure prototype came out of the paint shop ..... and that's it. Hobby Boss seems better to me, but the price is significantly different.
Here, I only shortened the legs of the landing gear, and I mean more than 2 millimeters, and again it looks like a stork. Also added details in the cockpit ....
I hope that some of you will like  it.  Till something more serious, best regards, Djordje

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 37

Hi Djordje,

the Berkut looks really impressive. Great build which does not look toylike at all 👍 If one doesn't fancy doing a black protoype there is still the option to build it as the proposed C-32/Su-27KM carrier based fighter: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/sukhoi-fsw-projects-from-s-22-and-s-32-to-berkut.2122/

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

Love the Berkut. Would add one to my collection immediately if there was one in 1/48th scale but sadly there isn't. Also I think it would look less "toy like" with some ordnance on it but since it is a prototype it will always have this rather "sterile" look but this also might be inspiring for some neat "what if...?" builds :)
Still, very nice build!

• Thanks 1

Looks good freshly painted S-37 (see what I did here?)

To fight the "toy-like" look you needed to do a bit of weathering on it (if you check the photos of the real thing you would notice that it is a bit spotty so either grey oil dotfilters or blackbased "near the the grey" marbling or both should do the trick.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Looks very good to me, While the all black scheme may be a bit boring, for me I think it works because the focus is put on the unusual shape which is where most people's interest in this aircraft would be.

Edited by Qel
  • Thanks 1

- I would like to get it in 48 scale.......🙄; Yours is very nice and inspiring. 👍

- In a show some years ago I met a guy who had began work on a 1/48 kitbashing built Berkut using an F 111 fuselage and reversed wings, Flanker nose assembly and cockpit and some other scratch work. He exhibited a rather convincing fuselage and some photos of his work on other parts but I never heard of him and his achievement since. If ever someone is tempted........After some reflection I think it could be feasable.......Who dare ..,??

• Thanks 1