Longbow's Adventures in Plastic. The drifted Thread...

Longbow

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

I understand he stopped going ahead on the Dambusters movie when he was told he’d have to change Gibson’s dogs name. 
Not sure if that’s true, or not. 

I've heard the same rumour, doubt it'll be confirmed or denied....:shrug:

Better hadn't expand on that...:whistle:

Hope your enjoyed your turnip festival or whatever it was yesterday. :giggle:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

I understand he stopped going ahead on the Dambusters movie when he was told he’d have to change Gibson’s dogs name.

Well, the PC brigade should remember that it wasn't just the name of Gibson's dog, it was also a coded call sign to indicate that one of the dams had either been hit, or was breached. It's part of history. I know that it's an offensive word, but there are many offensive words used in films/TV today. Why can't they just carry a warning that the film contains offensive language. I bet if they were making a film about the Deep Souths trouble in the 50s and 60s with the KKK, they would be using that word. How else can they portray how bad the situation was?

Any how, sorry about the thread drift Lee.

John.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Well, the PC brigade should remember that it wasn't just the name of Gibson's dog, it was also a coded call sign to indicate that one of the dams had either been hit, or was breached. It's part of history. I know that it's an offensive word, but there are many offensive words used in films/TV today. Why can't they just carry a warning that the film contains offensive language. I bet if they were making a film about the Deep Souths trouble in the 50s and 60s with the KKK, they would be using that word. How else can they portray how bad the situation was?

John.

Oh, lol... Try watching “Black Klansman”. 
A comedy from 2018, based on a true story. 

And let’s face it lol. If this threads not drifting, it would look pretty quiet :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

John.

Heaven forbid anyone should be offended, particularly the vocal minority...

Alas, accuracy and authenticity goes out of the window when sacrificed on the alter of the PC brigade...

6 hours ago, Longbow said:

And let’s face it lol. If this threads not drifting, it would look pretty quiet :D

Well perhaps if someone got their digit out of their....

Come on Lee, even Andy is threatening to get back fo the bench tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Heaven forbid anyone should be offended, particularly the vocal minority...

Alas, accuracy and authenticity goes out of the window when sacrificed on the alter of the PC brigade...

Well perhaps if someone got their digit out of their....

Come on Lee, even Andy is threatening to get back fo the bench tomorrow!

Yeah c,mon yall must have eaten enough turnips by now 🙂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Andy J said:

Yeah c,mon yall must have eaten enough turnips by now 🙂

Well look at you, even picking up the lingo so as you can communicate with you colonials....

• Haha 1

Oooooooh well look at you!

All well and good buying this stuff but if you've forgotten to make them....:poke:

Its a available to pre-order but haven't seen it ready to go yet.

I've seen the new Border models Tiger available to pre-order and the very first batch comes with a 1/1 scale Iron Cross!

Now unscrew the cap from the extra thin, grasp your little nipper and get at it!

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...

** Cough** New modeler **Cough** first post **Cough**

Rather than open a new thread… thought I’d just hijack this one ;)

Y’all remember back in the day, when the M4 GB was in full swing…

Well, I’m pretty sure that was one of the last models I completed. 

Well, this photo kept popping up, the E8 fording the River, but I don’t think anyone an actually built it ??

So anyway, someone….

Forgot how to post pictures….

• Haha 1

Well just look at that, it's almost as if we never went away.....

Even Dan @Dads203 used to pop in and say hello back then, rather than just lurk! I know you're out there!😉

We just never Steve back now.... @M3talpig

Anyway remember what Tamiya Extra Thin is....?

Good, now crack on!

Great to have you back on the game.

Darryl 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Even Dan @Dads203 used to pop in and say hello back then, rather than just lurk! I know you're out there!😉

Good, now crack on!

Darryl 

I’m crackin, I’m crackin’ !! :D

Starting look Sherman wedge shaped !!

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Good, now crack on!

Darryl 

Awe, you miss me 🥰 

Still here chaps, just had a big green Bergen full of personal issues to deal with which kinda caused me to not just lose the mojo but knock it into the next galaxy. It’s slowly returning but I’m not going rush - full service will resume at some point soon ish. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Awe, you miss me 🥰 

Still here chaps, just had a big green Bergen full of personal issues to deal with which kinda caused me to not just lose the mojo but knock it into the next galaxy. It’s slowly returning but I’m not going rush - full service will resume at some point soon ish. 

No worries mate, good to know your still kicking!

Looking forward to seeing your work again. 

(Guess that old Bucc was the final straw!) 

Take it easy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Awe, you miss me 🥰 

I think most of us had to take a break, after the crazy let loose a little !!

Dont be a stranger !! ;)

• Like 1

Are you sure you haven't been secretly doing a bit on the side.....

Away from the bench for a decade and instantly back up to speed!

Not sure if you're aware but in your absence we've had a few new model companies appear too, as well as Tamiya we also have Takom, Meng, RFM, Dragon and even Airfix are getting in on the job. :giggle:

• Haha 2

Yaaaaay!! He's back, and it's Sherman time again. Glad to see your work again Lee, and you've picked a good one. I built that  couple of years ago as an M51. Typical Tamiya engineering.

John.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Awe, you miss me 🥰 

Glad that you're still around Dan. Take it easy and come back when you're ready.

ATB,

John.

PS Sorry Lee for hijacking your thread.

• Like 2