Longbow's Adventures in Plastic. The drifted Thread...

Longbow

9 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Speak of the devil and all that;) how you been bud ...almost missed you too:P

Awwww, that's very nearly the nicest thing anyone has said to me since you where last on BM!

If it helps I use postimage for photo hosting, so far so good! 🤞

6 hours ago, Keeff said:

But first is the small matter of a plane to finish! 😊

Keith 😁 

Don't tell anyone but I've one or two of those to finish too.. :pilot:

3 hours ago, Longbow said:

Here is the Border Tiger. 
If I didn’t have my faculties, I’d be struggling… :D

Just imagine how good it could it be if you did! :whistle:

As you said the old eyes aren't what they used to be....

3 hours ago, Longbow said:

You know, it’s really strange. I have a bunch of their kits, because, like you say, Stef, the details are excellent. 

But there’s always something, that just misses the mark. 

I've the Border models 88mm flak.....It comes in a really nice tin box though.

Almost forgot to mention,  your Tiger's looking pretty good too. :clap2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Awwww, that's very nearly the nicest thing anyone has said to me since you where last on BM!

If it helps I use postimage for photo hosting, so far so good! 🤞

Is there a limit to pics you can store Jasper? i would like to start threads and know that six months from now that info is still there....unlike what i was using last time ...a lot of the threads i did back then would be useless to anybody now as the pics won't exist anymore, seems a shame especially for threads like the Tiger super thread, so much info was available and pictures but i would bet if you go back to earlier posts all those pics will be gone and so the info there is now useless. To be fair its the one thing about FB that is really stunning it's the sheer amount of pics and knowledge and you can download all of it, posts don't die there and stuff you post can be accessed at anytime. I belong to the Tiger tanks group(amongst many other specific groups) on FB and the historical info and pictures are mind blowing not too mention all the recognised experts that frequent these groups......not too stress the point but i have personally had chats with people like Hillary Doyle and some very famous modellers who we all find to be an inspiration, but for me it's the historical stuff you won't find a better source for stuff like that short of accessing museum archives. To be clear it took some fairly heavy tactics to get me to sign up but damn dude i'm glad i did, lots of negatives with FB but if you're careful with how you setup your feed you just don't see the crap and just get the good stuff.To the naysayers you are missing out i promise you. You know i just thought if Britmodeller set up their own group that would be soooo awesome.

edit Just had a look and they do have a facebook group yay:penguin:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Is there a limit to pics you can store Jasper? i would like to start threads and know that six months from now that info is still there....unlike what i was using last time ...a lot of the threads i did back then would be useless to anybody now as the pics won't exist anymore, seems a shame especially for threads like the Tiger super thread, so much info was available and pictures but i would bet if you go back to earlier posts all those pics will be gone and so the info there is now useless. To be fair its the one thing about FB that is really stunning it's the sheer amount of pics and knowledge and you can download all of it, posts don't die there and stuff you post can be accessed at anytime. I belong to the Tiger tanks group(amongst many other specific groups) on FB and the historical info and pictures are mind blowing not too mention all the recognised experts that frequent these groups......not too stress the point but i have personally had chats with people like Hillary Doyle and some very famous modellers who we all find to be an inspiration, but for me it's the historical stuff you won't find a better source for stuff like that short of accessing museum archives. To be clear it took some fairly heavy tactics to get me to sign up but damn dude i'm glad i did, lots of negatives with FB but if you're careful with how you setup your feed you just don't see the crap and just get the good stuff.To the naysayers you are missing out i promise you. You know i just thought if Britmodeller set up their own group that would be soooo awesome.

Imgur, Imgur, Imgur…

Easy to use, and easy to post !! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

edit Just had a look and they do have a facebook group yay:penguin:

Hiya mate, I've 1756 pics on postimage at present and it doesn't cost owt unless you want to upgrade to a premium account. Other than that, who knows? It's been my one and only picture hosting site I started with BM and I've had no problems. 

I just have an aversion to social media, BM is as close as it gets for me. I can see the benefits, like you pointed out, but it's time. Even at present I have to choose between spending time making models or I can post here. Last thing I need is another distraction, did someone say squirrel....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Keeff said:

Nice work on the Jagdpanther!  👌

But, did the Tiger get finished?  🤔

Keith 😁

No lol, the Tiger is stalled, along with the rest of the shelf of doom lol

I think I'm just marking time, at this point, and waiting on the Mojo to pick up :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, echen said:

Easier to paint the tyres before tracks go on?

Ahhh... You probably haven't followed my other thread :D

I tend to build everything, stick everything down, and then paint as a whole assembly, except for the outer wheels :D

8oOxnk8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looks like your method works really well for you. 🙂 I use your method fo L&L tracks where I need to fit them pre-painting. If I can get paint on before the tracks I find it less difficult to wave a paintbrush about in the general direction of the rims. At least with some possibility of it looking like tyres when finished......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, echen said:

Looks like your method works really well for you. 🙂 I use your method fo L&L tracks where I need to fit them pre-painting. If I can get paint on before the tracks I find it less difficult to wave a paintbrush about in the general direction of the rims. At least with some possibility of it looking like tyres when finished......

Pretty sure I learned that listening to Lester Plaskitt. Again, he just bangs everything possible on there, and then paints as a whole.

Usually it works well :D

Here's the M10. Pretty sure the only thing I left off it, to paint and stick down, was the air-recognition panel.

My photo's suck, sorry.

MU5IVUr.jpg

nbU5Zo4.jpg

f9zOvCO.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Longbow,

I finally see photos in this thread, although it seems like a cumulative compendium, so I feel a bit lost...too much to see/enjoy, too little to do on my part then...lol.
There are some really nice and cool things, like the white Panther, it reminds me of mine.

Cheers and HNY 🎄

Francis👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Longbow,

I finally see photos in this thread, although it seems like a cumulative compendium, so I feel a bit lost...too much to see/enjoy, too little to do on my part then...lol.
There are some really nice and cool things, like the white Panther, it reminds me of mine.

Cheers and HNY 🎄

Francis👍

Hi, Francis… sorry about that lol
I just got tired of starting threads and losing interest on things, so figured I’d just lump everything into the old Sherman thread. 

• Haha 1