Matilda MkIII Libya 1941

Needs a bit of black in the dust for the AEC diesel smoke!

But seriously, that's really nice.  Perhaps a little too much rust on the 251 (Tamiya kit?) as it hasn't burned and the dry atmosphere and carbon and manganese in the alloy would inhibit rust formation.  Early riveted 251 Ausf Cs as kitted by Tamiya were used there, although 251s were actually comparatively uncommon among German forces in N Africa compared to other theatres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

Needs a bit of black in the dust for the AEC diesel smoke!

But seriously, that's really nice.  Perhaps a little too much rust on the 251 (Tamiya kit?) as it hasn't burned and the dry atmosphere and carbon and manganese in the alloy would inhibit rust formation.  Early riveted 251 Ausf Cs as kitted by Tamiya were used there, although 251s were actually comparatively uncommon among German forces in N Africa compared to other theatres.

The 251n was an OLD kit i had lying around in the garage that was a test bed for stuff (rust tests, washed, chipping etc) so just slung it in there. Wasnt taking this one too seriously as i can remomve the Matilda and add other IFVs for display so wanted just something generic. Also yes re the dust but again wanted a generic base to use for other stuff

Edited by Red Five

6 hours ago, Courageous said:

Nice idea, looks great. I'd doubt that dust cloud would have been kicked by a Matilda with a max speed of about 15mph!

Stuart

Thanks.

Yeah but its more of a generic base tbh. I can take the tank off and add others on if I want a scene for photos. 

• Like 1

I do like your dioramas, the Matilda is great, obvs but I do like the effect you've achieved with the 251 abandoned in the desert. The groundwork's really effective but relatively simple, great.

If I can be controversial, I don't think it needs the dust cloud, I know it's a generic base and gives it movement but to me it draws the eye. Still better than anything I could do mind!

That very slight point aside, brilliant dio, as ever.

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1