Gulf War GR1 Revell 1/72

almac

Ahhh, the famous LRMTS. When I saw the state of mine I briefly considered building a TTTE machine so I could leave it off! Yours has come out the end looking pretty decent, though!

Don't think I'd build another one either, which is a shame cos there are so many I'd like to do..

Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. With the two week extension to this GB I have a renewed enthusiasm for this as I didn’t think I could have finished for next week. Despite all my troubles with this kit I think it’s looking ok so far. Today I primed it with Halfords grey and then gave it some Tamiya flat black. Hopefully the black base with give me a varied finish for this dirty Tornado. Next up tonight is the Xtracrylic desert pink which may be problematic but we’ll see.

spacer.png

Cheers Allan 

• Like 3

Morning all. I gave up on the Xtracrylic desert pink. Two reasons, I hated the colour and it sprayed like ...well not very good.  So I decided for an alternative to try Tamiya desert yellow. I tried building up the colour slowly to achieve a mottled, dirty finish but it takes time and patience. This is how it looks for now.

spacer.png

Cheers Allan 

• Like 6

Hi all, more painting tonight. I tried to get a faded look overall but not sure if that’s what I did. I’m never sure whether to stop or keep going as I’ll probably overdo it. I’ll have a look at some pics to get a better idea what needs to be done. Meantime here is where I’m at just now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers Allan 

• Like 5

Nice representation of the colour. Remember that this colour faded when the aircraft was in the Gulf region, plus there were lots of touch ups with different shades of this pink from locally sourced paint shops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 PM, Colin W said:

How are you doing Alan? less than 2 weeks but you should still be able to finish this on time.

Colin, sorry for not replying sooner but I’ve just noticed your post. Unfortunately this won’t be finished on time. I have done a little more work on it. I’ve started the undercarriage and ordinance but that’s it. I’ve not had the time recently due to work and family commitments. So modelling is on hold for now but hopefully in the New Year I’ll get going again. Anyway.  Thanks to all who took part in the GB, some terrific builds on show.

Cheers Allan

• Like 1
  • Sad 1