Revell ‘29 Ford Roadster

I built this kit simultaneous to the Moebius ‘65 Plymouth SS I posted yesterday. It’s from the recent Revell re-issue and, in my opinion, a terribly engineered kit. Main problems I found were with the gate locations on the chromed parts, the ambiguous fit between the exhaust manifolds and the block and the awful design and execution of the four metal wheel “pins” to the front spindles and rear axle housing. I wish whomever at Revell did their ‘50 Olds and ‘57 Ford Ranch Wagon has done this kit. Hard to believe they are from the same company....
Sorry to vent! Hope my pics hide the frustrations. Paint is Tamiya TS-41 Coral Blue exterior and Tamiya grey acrylics on the interior and black parts, various Alclads for remetalized parts.

Right before I mounted the wheels in place, I accidentally placed the chassis directly onto a puddle of CA on wax paper that I had forgotten that I had left on my bench. Of course the puddle was directly aligned with the low point of the oil pan! Not sure I even want to fix this, it kind of sums up the build experience for me on this one..   
John

78837215-A780-47-B5-B054-E508636-D5487.j

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Despite the struggles I have to say that the end result looks really good.  Hot rods aren't really my thing but I wouldn't mind building something like this one day.

Oh and the pinstriping on the back, did you paint that or was it a decal?