M32B ARV

Hamden

Progress!

Already looking like a Sherman or a variant of,

12 hours ago, Longbow said:

There does seem to be a lot of Sherman builds lately. 

15 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

They're breeding!

Sounds like a conversation between two Germans, late 44 early 45!!

Good work Roger, crack on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Progress!

Already looking like a Sherman or a variant of,

Sounds like a conversation between two Germans, late 44 early 45!!

Good work Roger, crack on!

No, two Japanese......."They're a breedin' menace."

• Haha 5

Strangely, I see that the new release box art shows the finished model with the pressed-spoke style of roadwheels and idlers - yet the kit inside the box still has the open cast spoke type.  Fortunately the photo of the sole identified large-hatch M32B1 shows it fitted with the cast-spoke type as provided.  PSC seem to have used literally every style of M4 roadwheel on large-hatch A1s.

15 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Strangely, I see that the new release box art shows the finished model with the pressed-spoke style of roadwheels and idlers - yet the kit inside the box still has the open cast spoke type. 

Just goes to show that you can never trust the box art to be accurate. Hobbyboss' 1/48th Sherman Easy 8 shows it with T66 tracks, but inside it has T80 tracks.

John.

Thanks for all the likes and comments.

Another very small update on this one, with the suspension units and rear hull plate fitted some of the lifting eyes and bins have been added to the hull top. Having found on another forum a build of the Tasca M32 I have decided to add a little to the turret interior, Italeri don't give much of the way of internal detail so as the the turret has a large opening I think a little time and effort is needed in this area so the turret body has been assembled ready for this to happen. The winch cover/floor has also been added to the lower hull together with the internal tool boxes.

IMG-0488.jpg

IMG-0489.jpg

IMG-0490.jpg

As you can see not a lot done but some progress has been made.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, it's very much appreciated

Stay safe           Roger 

• Like 9

Just bit the bullet and ordered a set of Bronco T49 tracks to match up with the picture in post #8 the only trouble is I have to wait till the begining November for them to arrive!

Still plenty to keep me going till then!

Stay safe         Roger

• Like 3

Nice to see you aren't sitting around twiddling yours thumbs Roger, progress!

I'll be interested to see how your Bronco tracks work out.

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I'll be interested to see how your Bronco tracks work out.

Have used Bronco tracks before on my desert CR2 build and although a little fiddely to put together turned out fine see below, they are workable with care 

IMG-0072.jpg

Thanks for the likes and comments take care and stay safe

Roger

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hamden said:

Have used Bronco tracks before on my desert CR2 build and although a little fiddely to put together turned out fine see below, they are workable with care 

Cheers Roger, thanks to the current build I'm quite particularly about multipart tracks and how they go together!

Atb

Darryl 

A little more done today, the fire wall at the back of the crew area has been  added along with an electrical box with wiring and the hull fire extinguishers have been fitted in the left hand sponson  by the fire wall. In the turret area granade boxes, electrical boxes, signal flag case and the holders for the mortar rounds have all been added. The last picture shows the hull top and turret dry fitted on the bottom hull section to see how it looks and what will be visable when all put together permanently. 

IMG-0491.jpg

IMG-0493.jpg

IMG-0494.jpg

IMG-0492.jpg

IMG-0495.jpg

IMG-0496.jpg

Quick question does anyone know the size of the large outlet for the winch rope when the boom is in use for lifting and also whether the opening has any rollers to guide the rope. As can be seen in the photograph in post#8 the large hatch M32 I'm building has the large opening rather than the small guide slot provided in the kit.

Many thank for looking in and I hope your own projects are progressing well.

• Like 7

Lookin good Roger ....keep that momentum going :goodjob:

some good reference photos here Roger don't know if there any help

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m32 arv&tbm=isch&hl=en-GB&hl=en-GB&tbs=rimg:CVXJ42C5at3-Ya817yKjwfAT&authuser=0&sa=X&ved=0CBsQuIIBahcKEwj437S_9qLsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQDA&biw=2236&bih=1304

Edited by M3talpig
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

some good reference photos here

Thanks for  the comment and the link M3, I have seen most of those pics before but you can never have too many pics: it's just a shame there are not many interior photographs I'll just have to use artistic licence.

30 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cracking in with this one Roger, good to see the extras going in, its going to make the difference 

with the final product.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment Dan, must slip over and see how your M10 is progressing.

Stay safe       Roger

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I know that these are HVSS and yours is VVSS, but I think that these pictures should be of some use;

http://svsm.org/gallery/m32_family

HTHs.

John.

Thanks for the link John they look to be most useful, I'll study them carefully a little later when the days chores are done!

Stay safe      Roger

Having studied the links posted by Steve @M3talpig and John @Bullbasket I have started on adding the front large door for the winch rope when used in conjunction with the A-Frame boom deployed as crane over the front of the vehicle. To this end a hole has been cut into the front of the casement and the side supports for the door added, the door itself is also partially constructed to allow the placement of the side supports.

IMG-0497.jpg

IMG-0500.jpg

IMG-0498.jpg

IMG-0499.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and your very much appreciated continued support

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from the update above I have obtained some 6.4mm rod in order to make two guide pulleys that fit inside the casement to guide the winch rope out through either the front or the lower rear of the casement when the A-frame is in use for lifting.

IMG-0501.jpg

IMG-0502.jpg

IMG-0503.jpg

Not much of an update but having turned up the two pulleys the next job is to fabricate there mounting brackets and fit to the inside of the casement lower edges front and rear. Thanks for stopping by and for the likes and comments

• Like 6

Thanks for the likes and comments they're very much appreciated.

More work inside the casement has been completed with the winch pulleys added to the front and rear positions ready for the winch rope, also added are the containers for the smoke bombs for use with the morter which is mounted on the front glacis between the crew hatches.

IMG-0504.jpg

IMG-0505.jpg

IMG-0506.jpg

IMG-0507.jpg

IMG-0508.jpg

IMG-0509.jpg

IMG-0510.jpg

Slowly coming together and looking suitably busy inside the casement, crew seats at the rear of the compartment next I think.

Thanks for looking taking time to look in

Stay safe          Roger 

• Like 10