Bandai pendle princess

kpnuts

Hi all more progress on this it really is a lovely kit, I wish they would release some of the others they used to make.

IMG-4588.jpgIMG-4585.jpg
IMG-4584.jpg
IMG-4583.jpg
IMG-4582.jpg
IMG-4581.jpg

And I've finally bitten the bullet and started painting the lines on the wheels(I've been avoiding it as my eyes and hands are not as good as they were in my 20s)

IMG-4586.jpg

• Like 4

Those lines on the wheels are impossible!! I did the rivets where the spokes join the rim OK, but as for the lines, I painted the space in between the parallel lines and that had to do I’m afraid.

As for the other Bandai kits, the friend that gave me the Pendle Princess also gave me the Mercer Raceabout kit from the same era. I’m itching to get started on it, but we’re in the throes of moving house and I’m afraid the the modelling section has been packed up temporarily, but I will be posting my attempt at the Mercer in the New Year I guess.

• Like 1

Hi @kpnuts, it’s looking really good. I replaced the belts on my build with thin leather straps that I found at a local craft market, they looked so much better. Hope you can find something suitable. Regards Ian

Thanks Ian yes that belt is awful in the extreme i remember the first time I built it (when it first came out) I threw it away and used a bit of a bed sheet stained brown for it (hopefully i can find something better for it this time)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, im now looking for pinstripes for the wheels (not happy with my painting skills) it seems almost impossible to find them thin enough (but I have a cunning plan)

Hi all well I had a cunningly clever plan for the pin stripes on the wheels, turned out it was neither cunning nor cleve.

I thought I would get some green insulating tape cut thin strips off and stick them on (turns out its almost impossible to cut thin enough strips consistently and even when you do its incredibly stretchy and shrinks back to size withing about 10 seconds of sticking it. So back to hand painting I don't like to think how many hours of painting and repainting have gone into what I've got done here (and im not even half way there) and im not anything like happy with it.

IMG-4807.jpg
IMG-4811.jpg
IMG-4812.jpg

When I did this in my teens I remember being really chuffed with the finish I achieved then, I don't think I will ever be chuffed with the finish I achieve now.

• Like 1

Just did a catch up. Very nice indeed. The wheels, I wonder if there is a locomotive pinstripe decal that would suit?

Failing that, two or three coats of diluted enamel should follow the contours. Or, eons of masking.