Kora Fairey IIIF

keithjs

My latest project is this Fairey IIIF from Kora. Quite nicely moulded but a bit of flash here and there particularly on some of the smaller parts. I also used their resin wheel set as the kit ones had some bad sink marks in them. In general parts fitted pretty well with the only difficulty being the cockpit inserts which required some careful trimming. Photo etch parts are really fine especially the surrounds to the foot steps.

The colour scheme details say this one is a IIIM but I'm hoping that's just a typo? Other than being a civil version I'm not sure what the differences are?

The rigging is rolled wire and the only other extra addition were a couple of sets of generic seatbelts.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

50372210326_b776e2d079_b.jpg1

50372369367_deb151ccb5_b.jpg2

50371503683_6218821777_b.jpg3

50372365062_27f7798dd2_b.jpg4

50372198131_9149962906_b.jpg8

50372362977_89c795fe74_b.jpg6

50372373862_66d0c4afe4_b.jpg9

• Like 51

Very nice looking build! 

I  directly asked Kora on their web page about future plans on Fairey III series and they told that float version of it in Greek colours, Gordon and Seal - all are in their pipeline... I am sure that I am not the only one waiting for them :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I am sure that I am not the only one waiting for them

Correct - now that I know they are planned! I wasn't aware that this aircraft had been kitted other than as a vacform, so I'm really pleased to see this (not that I mind vacforms; some just tend to be ridiculously priced and very rare!). Anyway, lovely result, Keith.

Jon

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

I don't do biplanes much but this one is really appealing and you've made a fabulous job of it. Interesting interior colour.

Cheers

Pete

Thank you Pete. The interior colour is supposed to represent the red oxide paint that has bleached through the fabric but I think I've made it a little too dark...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Ouch , £ 44.60 ( Hannants )   :worry:

Not few indeed. However, on the other hand, one will play with it for maybe three weeks each evening. So two pounds for a pleasure of the whole evening in a average... Is it high price for doing what you like? Not bad in fact maybe... ;)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1