Hasegawa 1/48 F-4E Euro

DrumBum

P9210083-600x450.jpg

P9210085-600x450.jpg

Wrapped up the latest build today.

Im reasonably happy with the result although its not a very interesting camo scheme. 

They kept them in pretty good shape in Europe so rather limited weathering opportunities.

I wanted to use decals already in the spares box so the numbers are actually from an F-4G and the crew names are Navy pilots......on loan maybe......

• Like 36

Having served with the 52nd Fighter Wing at Spangdahlem, I can vouch for their taking good care of their planes. Your model captures the appearance of those airplanes nicely.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DrumBum said:

I wanted to use decals already in the spares box so the numbers are actually from an F-4G and the crew names are Navy pilots......on loan maybe......

Your F-4E looks sharp! :goodjob:

As for the Navy pilots....John Glenn - a Marine - was on loan to the USAF during the Korean war, so why not! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

That's an absolute stunner, and in my opinion Euro I is the best scheme for the F-4E and G. Better than more shades of grey! Proper Cold War business-like colours that.

It's a beautiful Phantom this; I'm currently doing a 52nd TFW F-4G in the same colours. Did yours need noseweight?

• Like 1

thanks all for the kind words.

F-4b and FGR2 currently underway. Getting a lot of practice on phantoms.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:56 AM, Lord Riot said:

That's an absolute stunner, and in my opinion Euro I is the best scheme for the F-4E and G. Better than more shades of grey! Proper Cold War business-like colours that.

It's a beautiful Phantom this; I'm currently doing a 52nd TFW F-4G in the same colours. Did yours need noseweight?

no nose weight needed.