Me109 G-4 1/48 Eduard Profi pack

spursn17

Hi all, after slogging away and building two armour subjects (Sug III, and a Sherman Firefly) I've decided to go back to planes for a couple of builds. This is the 109 G-4 that I'm going to do in desert cammo, it's a cracking kit and just falls together with no drama at all, and because of this I'm just posting pics of the completed cockpit straight out of the box. The PE in the kit is superb and really easy to fit!

IMG-20200921-143804.jpg

IMG-20200921-143941.jpg

IMG-20200921-144000.jpg

• Like 2

OK, 6 days into this and I'm getting ready for paint, my timescale for this is usually about 6 months! 😂

I wasn't going to do any mods or improvements on this, it was going to be a quick out of the box build. For a kit as nice as this one I was surprised that there wasn't any wingtip nav lights on the clear sprue, so out came the razor saw and the tips were cut. Two pieces of clear sprue were cut and squared off, then drilled and paint inserted into the holes. Sprue was then glued to the recess and sanded to shape, and finally polished. All good so far. 

The cockpit was masked ready for primer, this was then applied (Mr Surfacer 1200 aerosol).

I forgot to mask the wingtip lights! Luckily I managed to wipe the primer off with thinner then polish with a nail buffer. It wiped off some of the primer from the wing but I covered that when I painted the wingtip white. 

Masking is now in progress for final painting. I tried something new for masking the wheel wells, I used one of those flat kitchen spongy things as it was just the right thickness, it worked really well!

IMG-20200921-205405.jpg

IMG-20200922-153931.jpg

IMG-20200923-200653.jpg

IMG-20200923-211141.jpg

Edited by spursn17