A couple of little projects to keep me busy.

Bullbasket

All of the walls and the ceiling are now painted. Shadows are making it look patchy. Laminate floor laid, and air turned a right royal shade of blue. Swmbo, apparently, could hear my expletives when she was sitting out on the veranda. It was OK once I had about four rows laid, but those first four……..!:angry:

0230a7ce-9930-49bd-b5a1-0c4f867cfda2.JPG

f8719f21-d0bf-4f75-8b12-fa1bffa0271c.JPG

That’s the worktops lying on the floor. Once I’ve done some more shopping, they’ll be cut to length and fitted in place. It won’t be long now before I start to move stuff in. Swmbo will be pleased as she has already announced that my old hobby room will be hers. Good grief! How much knitting wool can one woman have?

aac7e7a3-4808-482d-a48a-dc22c90fe3cf.JPG

ad76ec4e-4bb6-4a12-aa4e-01b79f5853e8.JPG

Lighting is all wired up and in place. Once the worktops are fixed, the power will be run to the various sockets.

Not long now and I will be able to take up residence.

John.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm calling this done (well, almost). All that's left to do is add some shelves and I hope to build a couple more display units to go where the CD storage rack stands at the moment.

a6726e26-40b7-4100-a698-f449f2e05ef2.JPG

74b57e56-c90b-4ec8-b223-1b9671565729.JPG

The spray booth is in place, as is the compressor underneath it. You can tell by the organised chaos that I've already started building models again. Throughout the recent hot spell, the temperature outside reached 32 degrees, but remained at a very comfortable 22 in my new room. I hope that when the cold weather arrives, that the insulation keeps it nice and warm in there.

ba028d62-56eb-40fe-a4fa-fbcdb0ec1652.JPG

1c06b482-0c32-498b-a563-815d43c3209d.JPG

And now, after  long wait, it's back to the models.

John.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

How long before SWMBO commandeers it?

Not a chance!! She'd have to get passed the army of attack spiders as she came through the door of the barn first.:spider:

John.

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...

Now that my model room up and running, I thought that I should get on and do a bit to the barn. This is how it looked before the storm and then the tornado (it was dilapidated).......

8cf38e7b-7585-4e80-91d0-0738149e9bbd.jpg

....and then after,...........

9394cc51-e523-474f-afdf-c9cb33356e29.jpg

…...and this is how it looks now. All the upright supports are in place, and the chevrons (rafters) are nailed into position. I'm now in the process of covering the whole of the roof in volige (150mm wide pieces of treated timber in 4m lengths). Then we'll make up our minds as to what we're going to finish the roof off with, ie; tiles or sheets of artificial tiles.

6d9d4fa1-edaa-4a9f-a7d2-2aa7420e4fd5.JPG

f3cfe916-a6cd-46d2-bed2-a3c8fd45f287.JPG

The idea is to store the caravan in the RHS, and make the LHS a nice big workshop. Well, that's the plan anyway. I'll update this once I've bought some more materials and my bank balance takes a big hit.

John.

• Like 9

• 7 months later...

It's been a while, and things have moved slowly, (due in some part to the fact that the DIY stores here are very short of stock, and what they do have has rocketed in price).

So this is where I'm up to now. All of the volige is nailed in place and believe it or not, all of those boards were placed up against each other. They've shrunk and left gaps. Not a problem though.

s5gjCHQ.jpg

Oh, and the weeds are what happens when you go away for three weeks. Thank goodness I brought some UK weed killer back with me.

bAw2hSo.jpg

The next job is to put the roofing sheets on. These are 2.2m x 0.75m sheets, moulded to look like tiles in a kind of plastic that is resistant to UV light and temperature change. The only problem is that when I bought them last Friday (at a cost of just under 1k euros!!!), the store didn't have any of the fixing screws for them. Beggars belief! So it's time to go online. I'll be back when there is some progress.

John.

• Like 3