P-47N 1/72 Sword

George_

Hi,

Finally got enough courage to post here :) Build this about a year ago. It is OOB, only bombs/rockets were added.

During this model I bought my airbrush, so it is mostly brushpainted, only the aluminium and black/yellow tail were touched up with the airbrush.

I know there are some mistakes and the alu color doesn´t look the part but still, its one of my favorites :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Enjoy,

George

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Brush painted? Wow. That is some serious skill with the silver my friend. 👏 Fantastic result. Look forward to seeing some more of your builds in the future. Having not long had my airbrush i can tell you that a natural metal finish will be a lot lot easier from now on! 😁

Edited by binbrook87

Looks great!

If I may ask, what's your assessment of the Sword kit? 

I might want to get one - can never build too many P-47's.  So many colorful schemes!

Excellent work.

👍👍👍

Thank you very much

@ kapam

It is fully riveted and fit isn´t bad for a shortrun.

you get PE set and resin cockpit, engine, wheel wells and barrels in the box

And it was 2in1 boxing so definitely worth the money in my opinion

But there were two issues: bottom side of both ailerons had depression that needed to be filled (bad moulding i guess)

and one side of engine cowling was a bit smaller then the other so putty was needed there.

I think the kit was overall pretty good, but some effort is needed to get nice result

Hope this helps :) 

George