Amodel 1/72 Yak 28PP

Started during lockdown here is my Yak 28PP. I used the NH Detail interior and exterior set (most of it anyway), other than that its from the box.  The colour scheme was sprayed using Xtracolour enamels. Blutac worms were used to make soft edges between colours. The stars are from Begamot, all the other decals are from the kit. it was sealed using a mix of Xtra varnishes and weathered with Tamiya powders..

It’s far from the best fitting kit in the world, but with a fair amount of work and tons of patience, in the end you can get a passable representation of a Yak 28. Hope you like it.

Cheers

Pete

y4mE6fJp1aAeFGKKQ_gQ6q2n99a_phMKUJkrRzee

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png        spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png                 

Thanks for looking

• Like 63
  • Thanks 2

A really excellent result!

I know Amodel kits require quite a bit (a lot?) of work, but their willingness to kit some of the less routine subjects is very welcome in my view.

There's no doubting your skill and technique from what we can see here!

👍👍:clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys for you kind words.

16 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

This is absolutely outstanding in every way. I just decided to buy one from Hannants. Thank you for posting this today!

Great, looking forward to seeing it on this site. I would recommend getting the external NH Detail set as well because the smaller kit parts (aerials, etc.) are pretty thick!

16 hours ago, kapam said:

I know Amodel kits require quite a bit (a lot?) of work, but their willingness to kit some of the less routine subjects is very welcome in my view.

Totally agree. A good part of my stash is made up of Amodel kits because I couldn't resist the uniqueness of the subjects.

12 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

How much extra work did you do to get it to this high standard?

This early Amodel kit is a very poor fit. The engine halves were the worst parts being different sizes and misshapen. The inside of the nacelles is square shaped rather than round when joined together, so the round compressor/turbine kit parts were cut down and used as backing for the etch parts, but even these had to be cut to fit inside. There is a lot of plastic shimming at the wing roots and nacelle/wing joints along with a lot of filler. Lots of sanding! The top of the engines at the rear were built up with plastic card to be flush with the wing and to get rid of the enormous joint lines. Lots of sanding! The nose and wing probes were replaced by stretched spru. I rebuilt the outriggers.

As mentioned before the small parts were from NH Detail and the ACE Russian aerial etch fret. All the interior parts were hewn to fit and only then were the etch parts fitted. You cant see most of this interior detail anyway.

But don't let me put you off!!😄

10 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

Thanks Ryan, I like your recent Russian builds, especially the MiG 21'S.

• 3 months later...