'Low Viz' Friedrich!!!!! - Eduard 1/48 - Bf109F-2

andyh59

This is my second build from the Eduard Royal Boxing of the Bf109F 1/48th, this time an F-2. Virtually built O.O.B. with some extra detailing in the cockpit.

I chose this particular machine for its colour scheme, originally delivered in standard RLM 74/75/76 it was overpainted in the field with mottle consisting of RLM 02/70/79. Model was painted using AK True Colours, decals from kit, Black 12 came from Tamiya Fw190D-9 kit. The name under cockpit was home printed, yellow outline painted freehand. I used Mig Lucky matt varnish for final coat, not too sure of this stuff took about three coats and I wasn't too happy with the final result seems to be very uneven finish!

This machine is a Bf109F-2 flown by Uffz. Peter Bremer, 2./JG54, Russia, Autumn 1941:-

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

You have to admit the yellow theatre markings and striped pitot certainly add to the 'Low Viz' idea!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Andy

• Like 28