First build

Rad2474

Well I finished my first model build today(actually that's a lie as i built a u-boat about 8 yrs ago) it's a star wars snowspeeder. Just trying to get to grips with using my airbrush and painting and masking. Did my own take on the colour scheme and put a couple of german +'s on to give it a bit of originality.Totally enjoyed building and painting it but it does fall short of the standards on here.

• Like 1

i am sure its better than my first attempts, to be honest putting your own creative spin on things is most of the fun! The main thing is you enjoy it, feel free to share the results and learn as you go along! We are all learning here just some at different stages :)

• Like 3

It's a steep learning curve. I'm still somewhere around the middle after many decades compared to some.

The main thing is, you enjoyed it. If it becomes a chore, put it aside and come back later. 

The next one will be better. Plan ahead, research online and practice on cheap kits.

• Like 1

Well done on getting going with an airbrush - took me years to be brave enough to try.

After seven or so years building kits, I'm still learning stuff and spotting my own mistakes. We are our own worst enemy sometimes too and see things that literally nobody else does.
Build what you like, how you like. Share some pics and you'll get support, encouragement and advice which will help with your next build. And the one after that.

Most of all, enjoy it.

Der