Tamiya 1/48 Douglas Skyraider VNAF

Hello!

This is my VNAF Spad, a very nice kit from Tamiya. Used some Eduard PE and decals from AOA, since the originals were too old. Cammo was free hand painted (Gunze) and I scratch built a few details, like the wiring to the ejection seat system and those static dischargers.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

ps: by the way, the chart over the panel is a very reduced WAC 1:1000.000 of South Vietnam. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by George72
  • Like 45

3 hours ago, Pagey said:

Very nice spad. The paint job and subtle weathering is very well done

Thank you!

3 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Beautiful!! You even have the map in the dashboard. Sat Cong! 

Thank you!

40 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

No ifs, ands or buts about it. That is one great build!

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Beautiful job on the Spad! That's quite a substantial model in 1/48th scale (I've seen one in 1:1 scale - it's quite a substantial aeroplane!).

Regards,

Jason

That's right, a big machine indeed. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, jimmyg352 said:

Lovely build & well done!

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very nice Spad! Showed your build to a friend of mine who flew the USAF A-1H's in 'Nam, and he said he wished his was as clean as this one- the R-3350 was notorious for throwing oil all over the place, especially on top of the centerline drop tank from the oil cooler. 👍

Mike 

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Very nice Spad! Showed your build to a friend of mine who flew the USAF A-1H's in 'Nam, and he said he wished his was as clean as this one- the R-3350 was notorious for throwing oil all over the place, especially on top of the centerline drop tank from the oil cooler. 👍

Mike 

Thank you! You should have told me before. I'd have much more oil all over it!! 🤣

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Mike 

By the way, in 1991,  I was at Lackland AFB, as an foreign officer, for a 3 months training. Loved your city! 

35 minutes ago, George72 said:

Loved your city! 

Thank you! How did you like our Tex-Mex food? So many of the foreign students who trained at Lackland and Randolph came to love the Mexican food, especially the Canadians, who always loaded the travel pods on their Tutors and Hornets with Mexican food fixin's when they would come down south to display at our annual airshow!

Mike

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Thank you! How did you like our Tex-Mex food? So many of the foreign students who trained at Lackland and Randolph came to love the Mexican food, especially the Canadians, who always loaded the travel pods on their Tutors and Hornets with Mexican food fixin's when they would come down south to display at our annual airshow!

Mike

Oh yes! Loved to take a walk at the River Walk and have some Tex-Mex food, even not being that strong to take all that hot peppers! Cheers!!

• Like 1