Giving up on takom 1/72 object 279

Tankmass

Hello all, I've been wrestling with the 1/72 version of takom's object 279, and after I snapped the mount for the gun barrel, I've elected to give it up. The object 279 for anyone who's interested was a soviet planned heavy AFV that uniquely had four sets of tracks, it was designed to operate in terrain left over from a nuclear strike, back when it was still considered plausible that nuclear war could be kept a tactical affair. I should explain that this is my first go at a takom kit, and frankly it was honestly a mistake to start with something of such complexity, with the tracks and the running gear being no end of trouble for me. Does anyone have any tips for making up 'link-and-length' tracks? What's your experience of the object 279 by takom? 

Merry Tankmass.   

Other than getting round to painting it I can’t say I had a problem with it, fitted together very nicely, a tip for the tracks fit a few links around the sprockets and then work forward along the underneath then back up and round the idler back to the sprocket.