A400

Ant79

On 20/09/2020 at 12:14, Ant79 said:

Receieved my revell 1/72 a400 yesterday and WOW what a beast... Ok the plan is to build it with light and spinning props.. Could anyone help me out what lights do i need to get

Hi Ant,

I can't comment on any specifics... But all large aircraft will have the following;

Red rotating beacon lights (both above and below).

Red wingtip nav light on the left, green wingtip nav light on the right. White nav light on the tail.

White strobing anti collision lights on each wingtip and the tail.

Landing lights (usually on the wing root).

Taxi lights (usually on the nose gear).

Many larger (usually commercial) aircraft have wing illumination lights on the forward fuselage that light up the wing leading edges as well as logo lights on the tail. I don't think either of these are applicable to military transports.

It depends on which lights you want to show I suppose!

Ben

• Thanks 1

Someone made a Lego model with lights, they seem accurate (not sure about the one beneath the refueling probe though, I assume that's only used during night time refuelling).

A400m Lights

This will give you some idea of what colour lights go where

CNTHafmq0gIciQFr6z_gDAW2OeBykx75A-4XBccH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ant79 said:

Where can i get them from... Ive seem some on amazon but i dont no what size... Theres 3mm or 5mm

I think either is going to be too large. In the pre-covid times I ordered a bunch of 0.5 mm  from China and slowly using those for my arduino/raspberry pi projects. Hopefully some day I might light up one of the airliners as well. However today delivery from other countries might take forever so if you are not able to find such leds from electronics supplier closer to you I would suggest checking model railroads sections of hobby shops. Lot of lights used there might be small enough to fit in the wingtip of your model.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can probably do the science fiction ship method and run fiber optics from the large LED to the points you need them. A dab of clear paint on the ends will serve for colored lights.