New Dr. Who episodes ?

Hi Dennis,

The last episode that went to air was "The Timeless Children" back at the beginning of March. The next will be "Revolution of the Daleks", but there appears to be no predicted air date. I have heard talk of it not coming back until 2021, but can't for the life of me remember where I heard that.

And there's @davecov with a proper answer 😀.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2020 at 1:30 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

we don't seem to be getting any here on BBC America. 

Dennis

Lucky you.

Graham

• Sad 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:10 PM, JPuente54 said:

Doctor? Doctor? Exterminate! Exterminate! (Heard from a Dalek wandering by)

I once heard a Dalek singing 'we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz' as it trundled past me. I've also heard a group of them singing 'Happy Birthday' to a young child.

Very surreal...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, John Tapsell said:

I once heard a Dalek singing 'we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz' as it trundled past me. I've also heard a group of them singing 'Happy Birthday' to a young child.

Very surreal...

I remember one at a Fairford show conducting the marching air cadet band with its sink plunger. It also had a water pistol hidden in its gun stick which caught one or two people out.

• Haha 2

On 10/23/2020 at 7:09 AM, Truro Model Builder said:

Revolution of the Daleks is planned to be shown on BBC1 and BBC America sometime during the Christmas period.

It was aired on TV last night on the ABC network ( 2 January ) here in Australia. Mostly enjoyable despite thunderstorms in my region pixilating the digital broadcast for most of the program. The time date at the end was MMXXI.

• Thanks 1

On 22/10/2020 at 22:09, Truro Model Builder said:

Revolution of the Daleks is planned to be shown on BBC1 and BBC America sometime during the Christmas period.

46 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

It was aired on TV last night on the ABC network ( 2 January ) here in Australia. Mostly enjoyable despite thunderstorms in my region pixilating the digital broadcast for most of the program. The time date at the end was MMXXI.

I hadn’t watched it for quite a while but did catch this on “catch up” tv last night. I noticed the sets and production values had increased!  However I thought it a bit flat. The story didn’t have the punch of old. Not much tension and the new Doctor comes over as the scatty customer in the Co-op supermarket.  Even the Daleks seemed a bit tame. Familiarity and past sell by date perhaps 🤔 

Mildly enjoyable but wouldn’t watch episode 2 if there was one

I flicked over to watch the new Daleks episode the other night. I lasted about two minutes, before concluding there were better things to waste my life on. I'm sorry, but I can't take the modern version seriously any more. 

Chris.  

As opposed to taking John Pertwee or Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy seriously?  Just asking, but "taking seriously" and "Dr Who" don't seem to belong in the same sentence.  It's a children's programme and always was.  Old Fogey's (like us) opinions don't count.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

I flicked over to watch the new Daleks episode the other night. I lasted about two minutes, before concluding there were better things to waste my life on. I'm sorry, but I can't take the modern version seriously any more. 

Chris.  

Glad to see you gave it a good bite of the cherry then.

4 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

As opposed to taking John Pertwee or Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy seriously?  Just asking, but "taking seriously" and "Dr Who" don't seem to belong in the same sentence.  It's a children's programme and always was.  Old Fogey's (like us) opinions don't count.

Indeed. Or, as Gerard Garrett was quoted on the back of those Target novelisations, 'Doctor Who, the children's own programme which adults adore.'

• Like 1

The ability to see something is not worth watching quickly is a useful trait to have. I can appreciate that this episode was probably watched and enjoyed by millions, but I'm definitely not one of them. If I want to watch some deeply-woke rubbish, I'll go to Discovery Series 3 for my weekly dose.  

Chris. 

• Like 1

Most of the latest episodes don't seem to be worth watching, although the chri----- sorry, new year special was halfway decent. 

I'm enjoying star trek discovery S3, but it does have its fair share of cringe. 

9 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'm enjoying star trek discovery S3, but it does have its fair share of cringe. 

I had very high hopes for Series 3, considering the time-travel aspect means they could effectively throw the old rule-book away. A few episodes in and I was wondering if I'd bother watching to the season's end. The episode involving the "symbiant pool" (EP.3 ?) was one of the worst TV episodes of any series EVER. Just total cobblers...

Considering the MASSIVE amounts of money Discovery costs to make, I believe they could do a MUCH better job of writing it. But this is what happens when TV is written to an agenda, however "current" that agenda may be.

Chris. 

32 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

I'll go to Discovery Series 3 for my weekly dose.

I like Discovery but I am always thinking that if I was an attacking force I could easily destroy their ship whilst they are engaged in such long meaningful, soul searching conversations. More photon torpedos, less soul searching.

Pennyworth is pretty good.

1 hour ago, Pete F said:

like Discovery but I am always thinking that if I was an attacking force I could easily destroy their ship whilst they are engaged in such long meaningful, soul searching conversations. More photon torpedoes, less soul searching.

Yep, it's very gallant of the enemy to always give the crew enough time to have a big group hug and (maybe) a nice collective cry. This mob are about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard, when you boil it down. 

Chris.  

32 minutes ago, RACETRACK said:

Jodie Whittaker has,as rumour has it , quit due to adverse ratings and reviews of the latest adventure.

If so, I feel sorry for her - she had the potential to be a great Doctor, but was let down by woeful scripts. Basically Dr Who has lost its edge completely since the days of Ecclestone/Tennent. The first couple of episodes with Jodie had me reaching for the sick bag, but I gave the Xmas special a go as, well, Dr Who at Xmas is as traditional as turkey. But was not surprised to be disappointed. The worse comes at the end with the announcement of who will be in future episodes. I won't give it away for those who don't know.

Cheers

Colin

Cannon destroying tripe. I really hope Peter Capaldi can do a cameo waking up after way too many Pan galactic gargle blasters ,shake his head and  mutter "what a nightmare"...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:30 AM, ckw said:

If so, I feel sorry for her - she had the potential to be a great Doctor, but was let down by woeful scripts. Basically Dr Who has lost its edge completely since the days of Ecclestone/Tennent. The first couple of episodes with Jodie had me reaching for the sick bag, but I gave the Xmas special a go as, well, Dr Who at Xmas is as traditional as turkey. But was not surprised to be disappointed. The worse comes at the end with the announcement of who will be in future episodes. I won't give it away for those who don't know.

Cheers

Colin

Agreed.  As  soon as the scripts became all about fighting social injustice instead of monsters and aliens,  it was toast.

Not Jodie's fault, but that of the overly PC script writers who cant hold a candle to Steve Moffat's best efforts.

Now if they recast Idris Elba to be the Doctor trying to cancel the Dalek apocalypse, that I could watch....

• Like 1