Something I hope a little different..Leduc 022

Wdedig

After build the Arma Hurricane I wanted smacked around a little.

I give you the Mach 2 1/72nd Scale Leduc 022.

spacer.png

This is certainly a challenge and my photography has certainly covered my Leduc 022 kit from 1992.

I will admit I did not photoshop anything but corrected some exposure shifts.

spacer.png

Getting two pieces of 28year old clear parts to join was bit of magic. Welcome to Future as an adhesive. Quite a bit of scratch building for the interior but you can hardly see this. My question is ..How do you get pilot to sit in the middle of the Intake???

spacer.png

I did do a bit of riveting to add some life to the general aircraft. I used Alclad over decanted Tamiya Gloss Black...Shiny 

spacer.png
Thanks for Looking

Comments Always Welcome

Regards

Bill

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

I have never heard of this airplane and had to go to the internet to look it up. In its time, it was a very ambitious project. Your model is exquisite and you can be very proud of it.

Wow!  Yours is impressive craftsmanship.  You've really turned this Mach 2 offering into a brilliant gem.  How do you get a French (male) pilot into a cockpit that sits in the middle of an intake?  Wine, women, and songs, probably in that order.

Alex

• Like 1

Bill - A really nice job of a really difficult kit.

To anyone else: I built one of these about 10 years ago. If you read my build notes you will have even more appreciation of his excellent efforts

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53277-leduc-022-update-to-add-some-build-notes/

Regarding getting in and out of the cockpit there is a photo somewhere of the pilot doing just that. By the way, it did actually fly but never reached its Mach 2 design speed but only reached Mach 1.25 before it was cancelled

John

• Like 2

fantastic paint , and I imagine the build was not easy beeing a match 2 kit!
I saw the real one in Le Bourget museum in Paris last summer.
How Brave were the test pilot to climb in those planes!!!

Xan

Edited by xan

10 hours ago, billn53 said:

Nose weight? It looks like it would want to be a tail-sitter.

Thanks All

I thought the same so I added about 20grams behind the Pilot and about 8 grams over front landing gear...Just-in-case

• Thanks 1