Anyone thinking of watching Mulan?

After seeing the trailers for the big Disney movie Mulan earlier in the year, I thought maybe that's worth watching.

I did sign up to Disney+ during lockdown & The Mandalorian was an enticement but now if I want to watch this new movie I've got to pay another £19.99???

Am I seeing right, am I missing something here? 

I know going to the cinema in itself is expensive nowadays but that's taking the ****!! 

Martin

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I have heard it's :poop:but each to their own.

Ha! Thanks Frank, that puts my mind at rest then! Wait a minute, are you saying you think it looks like a good film then? 😉

I did see the trailer at the cinema when I went to see the last Star Wars film, and it looked absolutely wonderful. But, it was in a cinema which usually makes things much more fun, and trailers can be deceptive. I remember thinking Prometheus was going to be brilliant after watching the trailer.

20 quid is taking the mickey, I think, even if the trailer is representative.

I thought it looked good in the Trailer also, both the cinema one I saw last December when I went to see The Last Jedi and the TV one.  However, it's a firm Nope from me.  For reasons already given by others - £20, jog on.  I disagree about the new Star Wars films, they're "Disneyfied", but there we go, I'm an Original Trilogy fan.  Plus there was a bit of argy bargy caused by Mulan's star recently.  Do people really wish to support a company that condones that.   Never mind the fact that, especially with their recent acquisitions of Marvel and 20th Century Fox, Disney is now one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, faceless corporations in the entertainment industry.  It's anti-consumer at the very least.

Edited by RobL

Well I suppose those are good enough reasons to boycott the movie, as well as Disney willing to rip off their viewers.

I too saw the trailers for it when going to see Star Wars earlier in the year, & they made it look like a tempting movie to watch. Shame, but I'll pass.

8 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Well I suppose those are good enough reasons to boycott the movie, as well as Disney willing to rip off their viewers.

I too saw the trailers for it when going to see Star Wars earlier in the year, & they made it look like a tempting movie to watch. Shame, but I'll pass.

Yeah.  I don't usually boycott companies, mostly because I usually wouldn't buy their products anyway, but since the current circumstances kicked off I seem to be taking more of a moral stance on certain aspects of life.

• Like 2

It seems the film had a production budget of $200 million but has only made $57 million at the box office.

That explains the rip-off attempt.  :shrug::

in a word, NO!.

I already subscribe so, I am not inclined to be ripped off to the tune of £20 (more than 3 months subscition) for one wretched film. By the way, I was not over impressed with The Mandalorian. Over rated,overhyped and very underwhelming. Quite boring overall. Found it quite difficult to actually concentrate on and , sit through each episode. Still, it was at least a lot better than the equally overhyped (and, almost unwatchable) BBC recent adaptation of War of the Worlds

John 

Edited by Beermonster1958
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, Beermonster1958 said:

(and, almost unwatchable) BBC recent adaptation of War of the Worlds

I quite enjoyed the French version starring Gabriel Byrne. Second season soon.