Motoko Kusanagi Figure in 1/35 Scale

Reelyator

Hey Guys!

Quite a while ago i purchased a Resin Spider Tank Kit from the original Ghost in the shell Anime Movie on Ebay. Pretty crappy kit, just to mention. The Scale is undefined but as the completed Tank is supposed to be around 10 cm high i would guess it is around 1/35.

Does anybody here have an idea, were to get a Figure from "The Major" that suits to this Kit? Best case in a pose to reproduce the "Major vs Spider Tank" Scene from the End of the Movie?

Some time ago Kotobukiya released a 1/35 Tachikoma with the Major as a figure, but if I recall correctly, the figure was posed so it would be sitting in the rear of the Tachikoma.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10250087

Might have to resort to fleabay.

Other option is use a stock standard figure and do some sculpting work. At 1/35 you could get away with near enough is good enough.

Thank you Crayons!

I have the Tachikoma by Wave in 1/24 scale. The Figure in this kit is obviously too large for the Spider Tank.

I found some pictures of a Spider Tank Resin Kit on E2046 with a Figure sitting on the back of the tank. This would be almost exactly, what i am looking for but even the folks at E2046 could not tell, were the figure is from.

And, my personal experience with e2046, I have kits that I preordered in 2014 and I'm still waiting. Quality is great, can't fault them for that, but, if it is listed as preorder or out of stock, you could most likely built the Ark by hand using a spoon before you are likely to see that kit from them.

Preiser figures I believe has some anatomically correct naked figures. Maybe use those as a base if they have a female figure, add some Necron arms (WH 40k) for that stripped off the flesh look (assuming they scale correctly). Sculpt up the rest?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crayons said:

Preiser figures I believe has some anatomically correct naked figures. Maybe use those as a base if they have a female figure, add some Necron arms (WH 40k) for that stripped off the flesh look (assuming they scale correctly). Sculpt up the rest?

Hi! :D

You are correct! Preiser have a series of 'Adam' and 'Eva' figures in different scales including 1/35.

They are mulitpose as you can combine different torsos, legs, arms and heads, so making a seated female is no problem.

I have found however that they are difficult to track down.

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Thanks 2

...Preiser Figures? Never heard of them before. But this is definitely an option,

Seriously guys, not more than 24 hours here and i already love this forum. On the Wettringer forum i would have received ZERO Feedback on a post like this

26 minutes ago, Reelyator said:

...Preiser Figures? Never heard of them before. But this is definitely an option,

Seriously guys, not more than 24 hours here and i already love this forum. On the Wettringer forum i would have received ZERO Feedback on a post like this

We're here to help! :winkgrin:

Here's a link to Bernliner Zinnfiguren in ...Berlin, just to show you how the box and figures look - out of stock, unfortuneally! :crying:

https://www.zinnfigur.com/Vollfiguren/Bausaetze/Hersteller-O-R/Preiser/1-32/Modellfigur-Eva.html

Hans J

6 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

..... out of stock, unfortuneally! :crying:

Hans J

I found a set for a good price on Ebay. Looks like they are only available in 1/32 scale. But that should not be too far away from the scale of the tank i guess. Now i just need to figure out how to best turn these parts into "the Major".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crayons said:

..... I have kits that I preordered in 2014 and I'm still waiting.....

I had a similar experience with them, Their Pre-Order Policy is questionable.

Lesson learned for me: Only order Kits from E2046 that are either IN STOCK or PRE-ORDER - IN PRODUCTION.

The Eva figure kit from Preisler in 1/32 arrived just a few days ago. Scalewise this should work. One of the heads even has a 80´s-Kim-Wilde-sort-of haircut. Painted in blue this should come pretty close to the Mayor from the anime.

Now i need to figure out, how to resculp the figure to the pose from the movie. But the different bodies, arms and legts in this kit offer various options. Not sure yet, what to do with her fancy sunglasses....

Therefore again: Thank you very much @Crayons and @HansReggelsen for this very helpfull hint!!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Reelyator said:

Now i need to figure out, how to resculp the figure to the pose from the movie. But the different bodies, arms and legts in this kit offer various options. Not sure yet, what to do with her fancy sunglasses....

Keep us up to date with your progress. Any questions, just ask, always someone around willing to help out or point you in the right direction.