Falklands GB 2022 Chat

Hi

I shall give it a go that start date is my birthday and in 1982 (24 god dose time fly by) in that week i was posted from Scampton to Lossiemouth my 3rd and last tour.

So that leaves me with a Vulcan I was stood on the top off ops bloke watching the last fly by off a Vulcan at Scampton that week or Mirage as i kinda like Mirages and this w/e passed i just got a 48th Mirage III Kinetic kit with them markings in.

We have time to sort some thing.

Paul

3 hours ago, Bedders said:

I'd be up for this. I've got an Esci Shar in the queue. Only problem is the lack of Op Corporate decals - can't find any anywhere!

Justin

Have you looked at Modeldecal sheets Justin? A few of those contained options but can't recall off-hand which sheet numbers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col. said:

Have you looked at Modeldecal sheets Justin? A few of those contained options but can't recall off-hand which sheet numbers.

@Bedders Sheet 66 has Shars and Sea Kings

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/modeldecal-66-royal-navy-falklands-sea-harriers-800-801-899-nas-sea-king-hc4-846-nas-royal-air-force-lightning-f6-5-11-sqn--157392

Trevor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick question - would it be stuff that took part in the conflict only or would post conflict but suitably marked up Phantoms/Tornado F3s or Typhoons be allowed?

I ask as in 1/48 I have a Phantom FGR 2, Tornado F3 and Typhoon all with suitable 1435 Flt markings and aftermarket bits.

No worries if its conflict stuff only though, got a SHAR, GR3 Harrier, Dagger, A-4C, and Etendard waiting too. Almost as if I was planning my own Falklands GB... ;)

Edited by RMP2

50 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I been looking for some Neptunes. Ever since reading about their exploits in an old Air Enthusiast “all the world’s radars have lit up!”

Trevor

Didn't Kinetic do one with Argentine stickers?

24 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Didn't Kinetic do one with Argentine stickers?

Just tried a quick google-fu and can’t find one. As far as I know the one variously labelled by Hasegawa/Frog/Revell is the only game in town.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

Trevor

4 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Just tried a quick google-fu and can’t find one. As far as I know the one variously labelled by Hasegawa/Frog/Revell is the only game in town.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

Trevor

I searched a few times with the same result after being certain I'd seen one. Maybe it was aftermarket decals I found to suit, been a while, not sure now. Nice subject though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Kinetic kit Mirage IIIE/5 kit number K48052 it has 3 lots of markings for them this is the kit i plan on doing got it the other week sat next to me right now.

Hope this helps.

Paul

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Oooooooo, please sir, me sir!

possibly a Nimrod. Speaking of which @nimrod54, how’s your 2022 gb build planner?

I don't know yet bud, I'll have to check with my social secretary... errr Mrs N! H says can I go and play in the Falklands. :lol:

• Haha 3

Just been looking through a box of part built kits that I rescued from the rubbish bin after a local modeller passed away and the family were clearing his house.

I'm finishing one of them in the MTO III GB currently, however I have found a part built Matchbox Chinook in the box, its over the 25% but given the circumstances I would like permission to finish it in this GB, if we are successful.

Cheers Pat

I'm in please... 

I have a 1/48 Lynx HMA/8 with the conversion set to make a HAS.2/3.

I also have 1/48 Sea Harriers and will probably own a Kinetic GR.3 by then as well, plus Airfix's new tool Vulcan will be out just to annoy Cdr. Ward.

Lots of possibilities! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My group build record is not exactly great.  But depending on other (work!) commitments by then, I might tackle my L’Arsenal 1/700 Fearless, since she was the war canoe that kept the 22-year-old Crisp in one piece in 1982

• Like 2