Falklands GB 2022 Chat

Yes, I know I'm being a bit previous.  It's not even 2021 yet and I'm arranging groupbuilds for 2022.   :D

When Mike gave me the role of Group Build Moderator, he told me that I was like He-Man.   I thought he meant I had to wear a silly haircut and a leather harness thingy wot was bound to chafe.  Thankfully no.  He meant that I HAVE THE POWER !!!!

Well, that power had obviously gone to my head.    Because I feel the subject is so important I am going to add it into the mix as a fixture for 2022, bypassing the annual bunfight.

We can discuss rules in this thread.  The GB will commence on 2 April 2022.    The end date is 24 July 2022.  The end date has no historical significance.  I just didn't want a GB that would only last for 10 weeks.

Let me have your thoughts about rules and the scope of the GB in this thread.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Yes I'm in!

Spent more of my life in the God forsaken place not to. Five flipping tours!

If you've been there, you'll know it as the World's End!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have a much thumbed ‘Falklands The Air War’ which I look on and think ‘I must do one of those’. I would try and do a model from either side. Always fancied doing a Mirage/Dagger or even a UH-1 from the Argentine side. I have a Matchbox Chinook that would be done as Bravo November on the Brit side (is any other RAF wokka worth doing?).

This proposal has air/land/sea in its remit so what’s not to like?

Trevor

15 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

A ship would be an excellent choice.

Gidday, I have an Airfix 'Falklands Set' of three warships. Would one of them be appropriate? 🤔😁 I'm usually into WW2 vintage builds but I don't think it would hurt me to go a little more modern. I was thinking of raiding the set for the 'Cats and Dogs' GB and/or the 'Birds and Bees' GB but I'm sure one would be suitable here. And Enzo, what's the point of "Having the Power" if you can't throw it about sometimes. 😀 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Been meaning to do a few Falkland builds for ages, best count me in please Mr. Enzo.  Can someone convince Airfix to have their new tool ‘Black Buck’ Vulcan out by then! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Aside from the obvious, military equipment and soldiers that took part in the conflict (including the South Georgia and mainland Argentina operations) I guess you could include pre and post war types that have specifically been based on the islands, including civilian use.

I'd definitely be in for this GB, maybe a carrier deck scene, Mark 1 do a Operation Corporate Harrier boxing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

When Mike gave me the role of Group Build Moderator, he told me that I was like He-Man.   I thought he meant I had to wear a silly haircut and a leather harness thingy wot was bound to chafe.  Thankfully no...

So why do you wear that leather harne... ah, never mind, I'd rather not know :blink2:

Sign me up. Any reason to pull a SHAR kit from the stash can't be missed.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And Victors  :wicked: 

indeed.... or a few of both knowing me

I'm hoping my V Force GB makes it through into next year's GBs.... I have so many plans for that! Likely won't be able to give it another shot as 'host' the next year because of uni.....

Edited by Adam Poultney

On 9/19/2020 at 10:14 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

The GB will commence on 2 April 2022.    The end date is 24 July 2022.  The end date has no historical significance.  I just didn't want a GB that would only last for 10 weeks.

Then probably be best on  22 February 2022 off 02 December 2022?...because digits magic 22.02.2022 - 02.12.2022!

😉😁

I have ESCI SHAR if anything.

B.R.

Serge

On 9/20/2020 at 5:14 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

The end date is 24 July 2022.  The end date has no historical significance.

The end date seems pretty appropriate to me as it sits around the time much of the task force seems to have returned to the UK - for example Hermes arrived on 21 July. 

I'm in. If it had to come from the current stash it would be a Sea Harrier or Victor. Or if the scope is broader than just the period of the conflict, a Phantom. There's a pretty good chance I'll have bought an Airfix Vulcan or Kinetic Pucara or Harrier GR.3 by then, and maybe a Mirage/Dagger and (if I ever find one at a good price) Hasegawa A-4B.

• Like 1