Tamiya 1/48 A-10a Thunderbolt.

An old kit with raised panel lines(a first for me). Typical Tamiya fit,very good.
Scared to attempt tri colour camouflage scheme so I did a mix and match scheme in two tone grey. The 354th TFW did fly in this scheme but probably not this particular plane. I sanded down some of the seam joints but I was concerned about losing the panel lines which I couldn't replace. The weapons took an age but we're enjoyable because the had such solid,chunky fitting points. I used reference photo's for the rocket and bomb colours because the instructions were not very clear. Seatbelts were made from masking tape and spare photo etch buckles.
Primed with Ultimate grey primer and airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics.
A very enjoyable build.

A10 A10 A10 A10 A10 A10

• Like 16

Like Ruskin. I built it in the eighties. Really liked it. Raised panel lines were the norm then. The A10 back  then  was one of my faves.

Unlike Ruskin I was a grown up and working and could afford Tamiya. Wish I  could say the same now.

Also  loved the  Ruskin TV series. Based on Freddie Laker i believe?

12 hours ago, noelh said:

Like Ruskin. I built it in the eighties. Really liked it. Raised panel lines were the norm then. The A10 back  then  was one of my faves.

Unlike Ruskin I was a grown up and working and could afford Tamiya. Wish I  could say the same now.

Also  loved the  Ruskin TV series. Based on Freddie Laker i believe?

Yes it was, there was supposed to be a second series. Aces high acquired the planes for the second series but author Wilfred Greatorex fell out with the TV company over the way some pieces were being rewritten and so it ended a bit strange. It was also supposed to carry on up to the 1980's, such a shame really. 

• Thanks 1