Some also ran Le Mans cars,1/43 scale.

Kitkent

Definitely a random selection here! 

It's the Le Mans 24hrs. this weekend so I thought I would throw in a few lesser spotted race cars.

The first is from Le Mans 97,Momo Ferrari 333SP. I was there and this was everyone's favourite car willing them to win,but this car did finish 6th.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngThe next

This next car is from Le Mans 1980,a De Cadenet Cosworth group 6 prototype car,one of the drivers was Desire Wilson.I fitted proper seatbets into the cockpit and bare metal foil for the cockpit lining. This is a resin kit from Team T.

spacer.png

Now here is a Rothmans Porsche 961 from Le Mans 1987,only one picture as I think this one is a bit rough! A Starter resin kit.spacer.png

Below are two Courage prototype LMP cars,the art car is from the 1998 race ,a Provence Moulage kit.and the Speedy car from the 2001 race is a nice JPS resin kit.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And finally if you managed to get this far! Another Le Mans 1987 car- the lovely Lotus Elise GT1 car from a Provence Moulage resin kit.Hope everyone likes these,or I'll put more on,ha ha! Chris.spacer.pngspacer.png

i forgot the De Cadenet side view-spacer.png

Edited by Kitkent
Amendment
  • Like 10

A nice Le Mans collection Chris.  The Ferrari looks like a BBR kit?

Love the De Cadenet.  I have the JPS kits of the 1972 Duckhams-Ford, and the 1978 De Cadenet Lola waiting to be built.  If anyone sums up the spirit of Brits at Le Mans, it is Alain De Cadenet.  I think his 3rd place finish in '78 was his best result.

The Rothmans 961 looks good to me, as do all the others.

Trevor

• Like 1

All very nicely built but I have to say the Lotus Elise is my favourite what a beauty. Don't suppose the Lotus is available in 1/24 scale is it ? Great work at this scale post up as many as you like mate I enjoy looking at these cars 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kitkent said:

Hope everyone likes these,or I'll put more on,ha ha! Chris

Nope, I think they're awful, don't like them at all - so get some more put up immediately....!! :)

They are all little beauties again, even the apparently rough 961 (which looks good to me!), but favourite this time is the 333 - always one of my favourite real Le Mans cars too. Had a 24th scale resin kit which is another I really regret moving on....

Really nice work again Rab!

Keith

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RabRoberts said:

Cheers Keith, but it was Chris that built these

Dammit, saw you'd answered the post above when I was typing and,well, you know what assumption does to you.... :doh:

My humble apologies Chris, just cross Rab's name out of my post and insert your own please - everything else remains the same!

Sorry mate!

Keith

Edit - I was even more dumb when I notice Chris's name is in the quote I used :doh: again!!

I blame watching and listening to Le Mans live at the same time - I can't multi task!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Keith! And Trevor,Andy, Rab,Stuart and Steve. I am also watching Le Mans on Eurosport,indoors this time around though. Yes the Ferrari is a BBR,And I would love the 1/24 version as well......Same goes for the Lotus,a definite gap in the market ? They keep saying it might rain at Le Mans tonight. Chris 

• Like 2

Great builds. The Ferrari 333's were great to watch hammering down from the Dunlop bridge (still a straight run and no big fence in 97) and lighting their brake discs up as they braked for the Esses. I've still got my t-shirt from the Moretti team.

• Like 3