1/24 Airfix Hurricane

Simon, that looks first rate. Excellent work. Like it very much. I’m very fond of Hurricanes and that is one of the best I’ve seen. I bought one of these kits earlier this year and have been working on it, on and off since. I am sure it will not turn out anywhere near as nice as that. Stupidly, I lost one of the parts so I am “stalled” on it until I can get a replacement. Cheers, John

9 hours ago, J Sherratt said:

Simon, that looks first rate. Excellent work. Like it very much. I’m very fond of Hurricanes and that is one of the best I’ve seen. I bought one of these kits earlier this year and have been working on it, on and off since. I am sure it will not turn out anywhere near as nice as that. Stupidly, I lost one of the parts so I am “stalled” on it until I can get a replacement. Cheers, John

Hi John thank you for your comments, very much appreciated.

Im not sure I will be able to help but what parts are you missing?

Si

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Sherratt said:

Si that’s very good of you to offer. It’s part No 33 from the front of the Merlin engine

Hi John

This is a bit of a long shot but I have a Spit Vb that I wasn't ever going to build, however with all the response I got from you folks for the Hurricane Im at some stage Im going to do it a a trop version wheels up and all panels on (hang from my man cave ceiling).

I have no idea if the part is the same but hey we have a 50/50 chance, even if there is a little adjustment to do (see pic)

I am more than happy to send this to you and 🤞its OK and you can get up an running again.

Let me know

Si

spacer.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Simon Dyer said:

I have no idea if the part is the same but hey we have a 50/50 chance, even if there is a little adjustment to do (see pic)

Thanks so much Si I am in your debt. It does look quite a lot like the drawing in the 1/24 Hurricane instructions.

I will PM you with my address. Thanks again. John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J Sherratt said:

Thanks so much Si I am in your debt. It does look quite a lot like the drawing in the 1/24 Hurricane instructions.

I will PM you with my address. Thanks again. John

Hi John

You are very welcome.  Not being too used to the site and not very tech savvy but do PM's appear in the envelope notifications? If not where do I go?

Many thanks 

Si

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2020 at 10:16 PM, Simon Dyer said:

Firstly I would like to apologise if Im not replying to some of you (again still new to the site). I seem to get notifications on the bell icon but when I click on it it takes me to my original post but there is nothing there,

Sounds like what happens when you get a "like" on your first post, rather than a comment on the thread. Scroll to the bottom of your first post and check out all the little hearts that are accumulating from people who appreciate your work.

15 hours ago, Simon Dyer said:

Not being too used to the site and not very tech savvy but do PM's appear in the envelope notifications? If not where do I go?

This may be down to me thought I had sent a message but I may not have done.... I struggle at times too. May be there now.

Excellent 1/24 Hurricane!

I started this kit when in my mid-teens (back around '78 as I recall) - I even had the book that was separately published, to help detail it.

No chance it would have turned out as nice as yours - had I actually finished it.  University studies got in the way. 🙄

You've really nailed the war-weary look of a frontline fighter! 

:clap2::clap2:

Hi Folks

Thanks again all for your kind comments.  Its really motivated me know for more Airfix 1/24 after my original comments, Making progress on the Spit Vb that I said I would probably never do and I have an Airfix F6F-5 in the pipe line which Im going to go to town on and super detail.

Take care and safe

Si

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 6:36 PM, Simon Dyer said:

Hi John

You are very welcome.  Not being too used to the site and not very tech savvy but do PM's appear in the envelope notifications? If not where do I go?

Many thanks 

Si

Yes Simon  they appear on that envelope.

click on it to write/send or to open to read received messages.

1 hour ago, HOUSTON said:

Simon, 

EXQUISITE  detailing  on the Engine  and Cockpit.

It really is STUNNING  piece of workmanship. 

:clap:

Your  build is most IMPRESSIVE  and OUTSTANDING  .

:wow:

KUDOS. 

:worthy:

:worthy:

Thank you very much, much appreciated 

Must have been more than four and a half decades ago when I woke up to find Santa had brought me one of these. My memory says I did a pretty good job on it, but the pictures show that you have done a cracking job in this kit, and it offers a little glimpse down memory lane for me. Thanks for posting.

For some reason, I'm particularly taken with the wear and chipping on the canopy rails; that looks so right.

1 hour ago, chrisbob12 said:

Must have been more than four and a half decades ago when I woke up to find Santa had brought me one of these. My memory says I did a pretty good job on it, but the pictures show that you have done a cracking job in this kit, and it offers a little glimpse down memory lane for me. Thanks for posting.

For some reason, I'm particularly taken with the wear and chipping on the canopy rails; that looks so right.

Thank you chrisbob12 much appreciated 

• Like 1