Cessna O-2A Skymaster FAC

russ c

On 9/20/2020 at 8:03 AM, Devo said:

darn computer monitor showing me different colours

It looks rather black on my monitor too but I'm sure @russ c painted them green...!!

Very nicely built and painted model with great background and photography. Well done!.

Looks very realistic apart from one small thing. I see the manufacturers have done it as a museum piece with a LIMITED placard on the door. This indicates a modern CASR Part 132 restriction. 

It's inspiring me to do my Airfix one but there do not appear to be any 1/72 decals for this one. My kit ones are unusable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Russ,

do you got problems with the very soft undercarriage?

best regards 

Andy 

Hi Andy, I coated the main legs with super glue and tissue, let it dry and sanded them smooth in case they sagged. Time will tell......................................................................

Cheers Russ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Russ,

another stunner! Congrats!

I love your base and the background photo: landings and take offs must have been dicey in these mountains!

Superb model.

JR

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Russ,

another stunner! Congrats!

I love your base and the background photo: landings and take offs must have been dicey in these mountains!

Superb model.

JR

Thanks Jean, I guess that`s why it had two engines 🙂

• Haha 1

BAT-21 memories are coming flooding back, the scene where Glover is falling asleep heading for the tree and only just pulls up in time - classic.

Great build, really looks the part.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

That's a great looking Skymaster. I want to start mine next month. Could you tell me what main gray color and brand you used on yours?  Thank you.  👍

Edited by Franz G
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Franz G said:

That's a great looking Skymaster. I want to start mine next month. Could you tell me what main gray color and brand you used on yours?  Thank you.  👍

Thanks Franz,

It`s a while since I built it but I`m 99% sure it was Humbrol Enamel 166.

Cheers Russ

Another of your masterful Vietnam-War themed builds, Russ. I love the little O-2A Skymaster and you have done a great job, as always, with this kit.

Well Done, Sir !