Cessna O-2A Skymaster FAC

russ c

What you call an "attempt" I have to declare a resounding success! Beautiful build, great setting and wonderful photography.  Yep, I'm jealous.  🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MickE said:

Looks great, well done!

I am building this at the moment, where did you get the seat belts?

Hi Mike, there`s actually a really good walkaround on this site for reference if you really want to do the works, I just made a simplified approximation from paper and tin foil.

Glad you like it though

Cheers Russ

Nice job Russ. :yes:  

That actual aircraft is owned by the Temora Aviation Museum in Australia. The kit markings are based on this aircraft, which represents a Skymaster flown by Flying Officer Dave Robson(callsign Jade 07) who was a R.A.A.F. FAC attached to the USAF during the Vietnam War. He flew over 240 missions in the 0-2A.  

P.S. I think the ends of the tails are painted dark green...not black.

Cheers,

Devo

Edited by Devo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devo said:

Nice job Russ. :yes:  

That actual aircraft is owned by the Temora Aviation Museum in Australia. The kit markings are based on this aircraft, which represents a Skymaster flown by Flying Officer Dave Robson(callsign Jade 07) who was a R.A.A.F. FAC attached to the USAF during the Vietnam War. He flew over 240 missions in the 0-2A.  

P.S. I think the ends of the tails are painted dark green...not black.

Cheers,

Devo

Thanks Devo, the tips of the fin actually are painted dark green

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Another cracker Russ! You must be running out of types to build for this collection.....!

Thanks FF, I never run out, I had one of my `culls` and made some more shelf space

Cheers Russ

• Thanks 1

That is a very impressive result. You have captured the look well and the subtle weathering looks spot on.

Always liked the 0-2 from when I had the Airfix version as a lad. I must say the ICM offering is tempting.

Well done!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another very nice one for your collection Russ. I can remember as a very young lad getting the Airfix kit and have liked the type ever since. I must say that I might have to pull one of these from my Stock to do a "build review" on it :) 

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

Yes one of my favorites! Finally ICM brought this amazing kit! Finally ! As always very very nice ! Bought this kit for my neighbor, who is still 84, but still modelling. I will build this amazing model too. For sure. Are there any other good decal sheets available?

perfect pic’s as always. May be some figurine will give the scene more life. Could not the problem for you. 

all the best 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Yes one of my favorites! Finally ICM brought this amazing kit! Finally ! As always very very nice ! Bought this kit for my neighbor, who is still 84, but still modelling. I will build this amazing model too. For sure. Are there any other good decal sheets available?

perfect pic’s as always. May be some figurine will give the scene more life. Could not the problem for you. 

all the best 

Andy 

Thanks Andy, Caracal and AOA do decal sheets for the O-2 and maybe DRAW Decals if you can find them

Cheers Russ 

• Thanks 1