Redtails!*****Finished*******

Hi  folk's, don't get exited not for me Airfix's latest masterpiece but Pegasus hobbies easy kit but before you hit the off button it;s surprising how nice these kit's

can look with a bit of care,

http://216.187.79.26/2009/reviews/kits/p51bpegasusreviewbs_1.htm

And how inspirational can their story be it's just a pity Spielberg didn't do the movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen

One for later in the GB.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Great choice Steve,

I do prefer the B over the D Mustangs. I will be interested to see how the Pegasus kit goes together 👀

Thank's Greg,well the Hurricane was great and when newly released a few years ago I built their Spitfire,rumours are they used two well known Japanese

companies products as a template so good reviews on the overall shape,I got this for £13 posted from Model Hobbies's e-bay shop and think maybe

another one of these kits for the Christmas Blitzbuild!

• Like 1

Evening folk's,as you know the idea of these kit's is a quick build aimed at the novice so I'm not veering of course with anything else so paint slapped

on the interior,a dry brush and tape belts will do.

20201001_190144

no glue needed but for a better finish I did run it along the seams,theres a satisfactory "click" as the pins lock into place leaving to dry for a day or two,

20201001_191944

• Like 9

19 hours ago, stevej60 said:

tape belts will do.

Looking great! 

I found myself wondering the other day, is there a cover-all-bases aftermarket harness bit you can buy? I don't go overboard on cockpit detail, but spend too much time knocking up tiny seatbelts out of Tamiya tape.

• Like 1

• Mike changed the title to Redtails!
43 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Lovely shiny Mustang, Steve! :goodjob:

Kind regards, 

Stix

Many thank's Stix,she's looking good with her red tail now painted hope for an update photo later!

• Like 1

Hi folk's here's how she looks now with the famous red tail painted,picked out a few panels in a different shade of silver here and there next step is 

the wheel painting and assembly.

20201007_195216

• Like 7

Evening folk's just a couple of decal's left to find in the spares box.Ran a wash into the panel lines and fitted the wheel's etc should

be in the gallery soon.

20201018_173355

• Like 7

• stevej60 changed the title to Redtails!*****Finished*******