North-American RA-5C Vigilante

HL-10

The NA Vigilante is a sleek looking machine.

To the Trumpeter kit I added a resin cockpit from Aires and some seamless intakes.

The decals are from the kit.

Painted with Xtracolor enamels.

No major problems encountered with assembly.

VG1.jpg

VG11.jpg

VG12.jpg

VG13.jpg

VG2.jpg

VG3.jpg

VG4.jpg

VG6.jpg

VG8.jpg

VG9.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Angelo :)

• Like 44

The 'Vigi' was an aircraft way ahead of her time and your build really has captured that look. For some reason we don't see the Trumpeter kit completed that often, good to know that yours went together without any problems.

Michael

• Like 1

Having built the kit I know it can be a challenge and mine was such that it ended up in the trash bin. My hat's off to you on a very impressive build. It's one you can be very proud of.

• Like 1

Great looking Vigilante, Angelo, and kudos for finishing it so nicely...and at all.  I don't have personal experience with the kit, but as SAT69 says and from what I've heard from others, it isn't one of Trumpeter's better undertakings as far as fit is concerned.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated.

One of the main issues with the kit is the fuselage being a bit of a swine to close up and keep in the correct shape.

I used an aftermarket set which is laser cut wood and makes an internal support frame to help support the large fuselage.

I had to adjust it to get the resin intakes in, but otherwise it just drops in and is a great improvement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a lovely looking beast, very nicely done buddy.  I built the '72 version ages ago and even that is some size - this one must be massive!  The cockpit looks especially nice.

• Like 2

This is another aircraft type that stuck in my head ever since I made the Airfix one way back when they were still flying Ops over Vietnam. It looks mighty impressive and it must be even more so in the flesh as it must be huge, very well done.

Duncan B

• Like 1