1/72 Hasegawa B-25J "Soviet Air Force"

It`s perfect ( as usual ) Roman!!!!!!  I like the unique color scheme complimented with the Soviet markings.  Wolfgang`s superb photography makes this outstanding subject even better.  

Congratulations Roman and Wolfgang!!!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

55 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Perfect finish and weathering!! How did you weather the underside? It’s very impressive and makes me want to start my all black B-26. 

Thank you for feedback, Sir!

I sprayed the undersides Gunze H77 Tire Black which I find more suitable for small-scale models than pure Black.

The paint was applied over a pre-shaded basecoat.

I washed the panel lines with White artist oils to accentuate details.

• Thanks 1

Wow!  This is so beautiful!  The color scheme is perfect, and it's the first time I've ever seen it.  I know the Soviets continued to use Lend-Lease B-25's as navigator trainers well into the 1950s.  I met a former Blinder/Badger/Bull navigator who was extremely proud to have done his initial schooling on the "Meetchell."  Excellent work on this--really does the aircraft justice.

• Like 2

Hi My Friend Roman!!!

Congratulations for your wonderful Mitchell bird.

I have never watched before one in this wonderful colors, and like a huge lot the way you have finished it. The color mix looks impressive and the weathering great.

Watching the undersides, I was making memories about a color I had been using a long time ago from the now Old, defunct and Forgotten Pactra Brand named Hot Rod Primer that was at that time recommended for tires... But think you younger guys don't know about this paint.

Anyway, your build liked a huge lot and is so nice that I was thinking in get one kit ti replicate, but it would be a little difficult as only have in my stash the B/C version, so will have to wait for a pair of  H/J appeared, as was thinking in make a solid nose cannon armed version, a gunship, and one of this variety as yours.

Thank you very much for sharing, 

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso    

22 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

I like the unique color scheme

On 18/09/2020 at 10:48, Hawkers Finest said:

A very unusual colour scheme

22 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

I didn't realize the VVS used the Mitchell,

4 minutes ago, Tojo72 said:

never knew Soviets used them

The VVS made very extensive use of the B-25,  it was one of their main medium bomber types.  It is often forgotten they were also the biggest user of the A-20 Havoc/Boston

There is a lengthy article on Soviet B-25 use here

https://lend-lease.net/articles-en/b-25-mitchel-in-14-gvbad/

The colour scheme came about after the USA dropped camouflage, the VVS wanted planes painted,  North American asked how would you like them,  the scheme is based on standard VVS later war bomber colours and pattern

this is one on a test flight in the US before delievery

RusskieMitchell002.jpg&key=f2200e5d8a064

camo scheme

B-25JVVScamoschematic.jpg&key=ff0a5805ce

note the pattern is similar to one of those specified for the Pe-2

tem-pe2-43r.jpg

18 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

The color scheme is perfect, and it's the first time I've ever seen it.  I know the Soviets continued to use Lend-Lease B-25's as navigator trainers well into the 1950s.

the VVS made use of a lot of lend Lease types for some time,  they used P39 and P-63 into the 50's, their tricycle undercarriage made them very good as trainers for jet pilots.

Great Model @Roman Schilhart

:goodjob:

• Like 5