Jump to content

Sturmpanzer Brummbar...... At the Disco ?


Recommended Posts

Defo with ...adds a little complexity and depth to what is a fairly simple shape vehicle ...will also give you more possibilities when the painting stage comes up....in about 6 mins ...judging by the way your blowing through this build ....you bloomin show off:D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I'm just doing some Panther wheels so know how you feel. I'm just going to do steel rimmed ones only from now on.😀

It’s like self flagellation.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Longbow said:

It’s like self flagellation.....

For wheels, I spray them with a black/dark grey primer and use a circle template stencil to block the rims whilst spraying the centre.  Makes it as easy as pie.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

For wheels, I spray them with a black/dark grey primer and use a circle template stencil to block the rims whilst spraying the centre.  Makes it as easy as pie.

 

Thanks, Bill !!

 

I need to get one of those circular templates. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Thanks, Bill !!

 

I need to get one of those circular templates. 

I would take the credit but I shamelessly stole it from someone else on another site.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost ready for camo. 
 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

I would take the credit but I shamelessly stole it from someone else on another site.

That’s what I do with most of my ideas..... ;)

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it done yet .................... :D  Looking good the yellow base has gone down well..what paint are you using?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Is it done yet .................... :D  Looking good the yellow base has gone down well..what paint are you using?

Just plain old Vallejo. 

I’m mixing a touch of Ivory 70.918 into everything, and it seems to aid with the flow. 

 

The yellow is a mix of German Dark Yellow, lightened with Iraqi Sand, and Ivory. 

Then lightened with just the ivory. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

thats a brilliant colour... i would be leaving it like that (mainly cos I can't spray freehand camo ;-))

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robw_uk said:

thats a brilliant colour... i would be leaving it like that (mainly cos I can't spray freehand camo ;-))

Well Rob.... Sometimes “Stuff” just happens. 
 

 

My plans for a masked Disc camo failed miserably. 
But would have “probably” worked if I’d left off the skirt rails. 
 

So, what we are left with, is a late war, faded, factory 3 color. 
 

It’s gloss coated waiting for decals. 
 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So no disco then...... :( and i went out and bought new platform shoes and everything. Did you consider making different size circular stamps......high density foam on a stick if you like circular shaped at the tip and dipping in the paint and then press to the model...just a thought.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This has come together very quickly! 

Looks great with war paint applied

 

         Roger

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, M3talpig said:

So no disco then...... :( and i went out and bought new platform shoes and everything. Did you consider making different size circular stamps......high density foam on a stick if you like circular shaped at the tip and dipping in the paint and then press to the model...just a thought.

Thanks, Steve !!

I tried to make related from 10 thou card, but it didn’t work out too well.  :D

I’m still learning and trying....

 

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

 

This has come together very quickly! 

Looks great with war paint applied

 

         Roger

Thanks Roger !!

 

The weathering has started, but I’ve been called out to work....

 

More later ;)

 

spacer.png

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Weathering....

Comin on strong now ....... dare i ask what's next on the bench of speed :D

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Comin on strong now ....... dare i ask what's next on the bench of speed :D

I have no idea, Steve :D

 

Probably a Sherman Firefly or part scratch Duplex Drive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...