MC.205 Veltro 1:48 Italerii

Kriss

Hello everyone, I'm new here and my English is poor. In order not to bore me, I start with a workshop. This is not my first model, I have already built a few. I like Italian machines very much. Model MC.205 "Veltro" in 1:48 scale with a few accessories.

1Fn96Ji.jpg

rA9Afgf.jpg

iu7aWhI.jpg

FmpeUzt.jpg

Edited by Kriss
  • Like 11

Hello! I have replaced the instrument panel with a product from YAHU MODELS, it is much better than the one from the set. You need to make a few levers yourself, I just used these levers from the EDUARD set, from which I did not make the instrument panel.

Thom216, I hope to finish the model this month, but time will tell. Next up is MC.202 at 1:48.

KTCvzV8.jpg

omvEKl2.jpg

OcQONG9.jpg

• Like 13

Hello Kriss,

Im Building the 1/48 Hasegawa Macchi C.202 right now down in the Mediterranean group build. I believe there basically the same plastic. With some changes to some things which get added during the build. I plan on doing the smoke ring camouflage freehand as I couldn't get any decals. Which option are you planning on going with ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello!

Visually, the Macchi MC.202 and 205 are distinguished by the underside of the engine, it's as quick as you can tell them apart. The moldings of both models are HASEGAWA and they differ in detail, the fuselage and wings are the same moldings. As I will be building the MC.202 as the next model, the MC.205 will be of the 3rd production series with gun barrels sticking out of the wings. In the ANR, Italy, march 2 1944 camouflage, in the version C model. I use Yahu Models products in all my models, provided that they are offered. I will do the camouflage of the smoke rings freehand, the decals are thick and their quality does not convince me to put them on.

6lS91RZ.jpg

• Like 5

The weekend was busy but we managed to find some time to sit at the model. Photo-etched parts and processed and stuck resins await painting. The wing was converted for the 3rd production series.

qAKeH8F.jpg

0msyv1o.jpg

AvcPFEx.jpg

9jJjo4p.jpg

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to put the model together, today I masked the cabin and the undercarriage. The rest of the model is also prepared for the foundation. Not the planned break has gone out, but another week and you should be fine.

qGImxdS.jpg

mnmmtme.jpg

• Like 7

The glazing of the cabin is masked with the use of MONTEX-MASK masks and TAMIYA tapes, I also made masks on the inside. The cabin will be open. Black foil masks with MONTEX-MASK stick very well to flat surfaces, they stick out on all rounded surfaces and I always have a problem with that, so I use them as a template for TAMIYA tape.

x8q8dPv.jpg

• Like 5

Coming together now. What scheme will you be doing?

I have just added an Italian WWII subject to my stash in the form of the 1/72 Sword Fiat G.55. There are two in the box, so double value!

Terry

Hi, I also have a Fiat G.55 from Sword, so far it's lying on the shelf and waiting for its turn. MC.205 will be in smoke rings camouflage, ANR, Italy 1944, with postage stamp.

Kriss

• Like 1

Thanks for enjoying the masking, I'm slowly coming to the end. I prepared the model and all the items for the primer, I use BILMODEL surfacer 4000. After applying it, it looks like this.

NP5tljr.jpg

tfApmci.jpg

FNS4m22.jpg

• Like 7

I am a fan of Italian aviation, these unique camouflages, especially with litorian rods, are a real poetry of taste. When they introduced the bows and the luftwaffe camouflage, they lost their charm, but this is a matter of taste. Coming back to the model, I made the shading, the picture shows only the plane, but I did all the shading with one painting.

pCJ1DVt.jpg

• Like 8