Sanding down imperfections in model surface...

RiotRolo

Good afternoon guys.

I've managed to find a bit of time to work on a couple of my builds today since getting my new puppy, she's a bit of a handful :D 

So today, I fixed the colour of my Battle of Britain Eurofighter Typhoon as the colour set I bought was really bad in my opinion, for reference if interested it is: Ammo's RAF early colours, I felt the green was way too vibrant and the medium brown was more like a chocolate brown rather than a earth brown. I then came back to my Bf109 e-7 tropical which is where my question comes in.

I have finished the mottling/ blotches over all the areas and am loving the result, however, I have been left with imperfections over the model from paint splatter. I was wondering what the best method is to try and strip back the imperfections? I am guessing if I take some really fine sandpaper it will do the trick but don't want to risk taking any paint off. I have given the whole model a clear coat to try and prevent any of the flat paint coming off.

Let me know your opinions, it would be really useful! 

Thanks again,

Ryan

Have a go with a sanding sponge.  Preferably one of those buffing ones (check the review I did a while back), as they usually have a grey side that is very smooth but quite abrasive.  In the early stages though, use something less flexible, or you'll just soften the bumps. It's no fun, but you can get it done :)

• Like 1

Cheers guys, so I had some Tamiya polishing compound lying around, only the fine stuff I seem to have misplaced my other one, its the red tube (which ever that is) so I went with sanding it down with the buffing sanding stick as you mentioned followed by a bit of the polish and sealed it in with a gloss coat after. It worked a treat so I really appriciate both your comments! 

Decals are up next :D 

Thanks,

Ryan