Star Destroyer Occupying Jedha City

15 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Despite what its critics say, I still think Rogue One is a great film. 

Who said that?  I'll take 'em all on :fight:  Do they really hate it?  I thought it was quite good.  There seems to be a bit of a downer on SW since the Disney take-over.  Sure some of them weren't the best cinema, but they're just mindless hokum and great fun, so should be regarded as such.  It's like critiquing a snap-together kit using the same critera as the latest wunderkit. :shrug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Easy, Mike, easy....

I think RO got a lot of flak simply because it wasn't a "direct" continuation of the primary story-line (although I do appreciate that it filled a pretty big logic-gap from Episode 4). Sometimes I think Star Wars fans make model-makers look like a well-balanced, friendly and reasonable group (tongue very, very firmly in cheek.................. or, is it?). I will now go and live in a tiny cave, somewhere, to ride out the backlash.

Cheers. 

Chris. 

PS: For my money, the scene in which the two Star Destroyers collide and then crash into the shield-gate is the most evocative, stunning and remarkable image in all of SW lore.   

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending information.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

Sometimes I think Star Wars fans make model-makers look like a well-balanced, friendly and reasonable group (tongue very, very firmly in cheek.................. or, is it?).

Sometimes. Other times, not to much :hmmm:

Liking the model, looks great

I also thought RO was easily the best film out with the original 3, the rest I felt were quite poor, I would even rate the 2 Ewok films as better, that said I’ve not watched the latest and last due to the previous effort. Or Solo yet, saving that. 
Enjoyed the Mandolorian though!

Super diorama, the bigger scale is really worthwhile as it's so much sharper than the (already very good) vehicle model version.

I was a bit confused by Rogue One when it came out as it wasn't really what I was expecting, but it's grown on me a lot. The new trilogy films are fun popcorn movies like Mike says above, lifted up by Rey, Finn and Kylo.

I think Solo's my favourite though, it's got solid characters, a real sense of fun and no real need to take itself seriously.

Will

• 1 month later...